• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Animated GIF diplay on listings

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a way to resize animated gif but it trends to kill the server. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/718491/resize-animated-gif-file-without-destroying-animation I mean, more jobs you ask to the system means more load.
I've notice that GD library is not the best alternative to do advance image handling (like this or the watermaks). I think that I will include ImageMagick support by default and if you don't have this lib the script will try to use GD (with all its crippled results).

But yes, I've notice this and the problem is GD.

Hi, my suggest :)

What you think about upload GIF's but non static (picture) but animate, because GIF's mostly is animated :)

Hmmm, weird. It doesn't seem to be working. But this is a feature in Chevereto... Rodolfo will be on soon :)

Yes, you right :)
But I want watermark and animate GIF :) How it do that?

BTW: on animated GIF's doesen't have to watermark.

BTW2: sorry for me English .

Currently any animated gift manipulation is on hold. I will review all those chunky GD methods when time comes.

Gif animated for medium sized images and thumbnails won't be considered at all even in the long term because of all the issues related to this like huge consumption of traffic and abysmal website load speed.

So in the second I enable this you will also ask me about how to create better compressed images and at the end we will end up not using it at all. Is a bad idea and you don't need 1MB images that can be represented as 100KB image in listings.

I do believe though that a good idea will be to place a player or some sort of opt-in for people that want to see the animated images in listings but that is completely different from re-sizing the thumb and medium sized images which must be small files if you don't want to make the whole website to crash.

Last edited:
I do believe though that a good idea will be to place a player or some sort of opt-in for people that want to see the animated images in listings but that is completely different from re-sizing the thumb and medium sized images which must be small files if you don't want to make the whole website to crash.

Any update on this? I would like to see animated images in the listings.

Not for now. The original request is not the same as the solution so I will rename this topic and flag it as accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back