• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Album Gallery View Images not Updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2

Chevereto Member
I am using 3.8.8 version of Chevereto. In one album, I had several .jpg image files which I deleted and then uploaded replacement files with the exact same file type and name as the images that were deleted. When I view the smaller version of the newly uploaded images in 'My Profile' or in 'Album' view, the images have not changed to the new update files and instead remain the previously deleted files. For some reason, the small format versions of the images in Gallery view are not refreshing. I tried refresh browser and also sign off/sign on Chevereto, but still the old image file previews remain in Album and My Profile gallery view. Refresh works fine in direct view- the newly uploaded image files appear. My site is trustedjewelers.info.

You need to delete the .th and .md files, Chevereto will recreate those images only if the files doesn't exists.

Rodolfo- thank you for the information back in November '16 on the requirement to manually delete the .th and .md files when the main image file is deleted. Can you please tell me where to find the .md and .th files so I can delete them? (I have updated to version 3.8.11). I am still of the opinion it would be more intuitive for the Chevereto software to delete the .th and .md files if the main image file is deleted. Thank you for your help. --Nick

Chevereto deletes all the .th and .md files if you delete the images using Chevereto. If you use FTP or the command line then you will have to get rid of those images on your own. Chevereto won't sync those changes because in the first place you should not do that unless you know what you are doing.

.th and .md files should be in the images folder.

Cheers

Thank you Rodolfo. I may not be correctly describing the problem. I am not using FTP; just Chevereto (refer to page 1 of attached pdf to see if my method is correct). I use Action/Delete to replace image files with new image files of the exact same file name. I link the image URL to an online storefront; when I upload new image to Chevereto, that automatically updates my storefront with the new image as long as the image URL is unchanged. This process works AOK-no problem. The problem is only when I view the new replacement image on Chevereto. After I upload the replacement image, when I view my Albums or Images on Chevereto, the image displayed remains the .md of the previously deleted image file. (See page 2 of attached file 'Chevereto.pdf')

Attachments

• Chevereto.pdf
    292.9 KB · Views: 2
That's cache, your browser is fetching the old image not the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back