• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Akismet spam protection is too aggressive

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
Few users have reported they are getting an error "An error occurred. Please try again later" when adding image description with URL shortener links. These are genuine content but for some reason, Akismet blocks it as per logs.

Sample content for testing:-

"Australia Awards Scholarship applications are open for Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan & Sri Lanka. Check you are eligible before starting your application https://bit.ly/2ugDwnA"

One time my image upload was blocked by Akismet when I tried from my office computer.

I use Akismet for WordPress and had never had any issues. But it seems on Chevereto its been too aggressive.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 10
Akismet doesn't have levels, you don't make it more or less aggressive. The difference is that an image has way less content/context compared to a blog entry, so it should feel more aggressive.

The real problem here is quite simple: Akismet wasn't made for images 🤷‍♂️.

Back