• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Advanced photo protection for personal use

knova15

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi

Would it be possible to add advanced photo protection to our beloved chevereto system. I know it will always be a question of how good the other side is BUT why make life easy if someone is using the system in personal mode and tries to protect his/her images.

Some of the basic needs would be :
right click protection - already included!
+message with custom text from admin
-drag and drop protection
-mobile long tap save protection
-print screen protection

From a coder point of view this is nuts BUT from end users point it is gold. im still using wordpress as i have plugins with full copyright protection...so the only way is to go with resources or source code....and would really liek to start using chevereto as my portfolio website too.

I don't understand the meaning of "+message with custom text from admin", can you elaborate?

Hi

Custom alert message : on pressing print screen / right click / so if anything triggers to block "unwanted copying" there can be an "alert" message. Saying whatever the site owner wants like : Hi, these images are copyrighted by XY OR Please if you need any of these images get in touch via the contact form...etc.

@Rodolfo Hello Sir. Is there any update on photo protection. I just put a community for Photographers with the a similar concept to www.500px.com. Is there any feature in the new version 3.8.13 That can allow us administrators to protect against photo saving and the ability to disable embed codes? If this is not available how possible is it to get this in the next version release. Thanks support over the years! You have been awesome!

You can enable / disable embed codes, you can enable disable "download button".

You can watermark images.

Unfortunately there's no way to avoid image stealing, and I'm speaking in general. There's no way to stop that.

I know there is really in true theory no way to 100% protect a online photo from being stolen, due to web browsers img src path and temporary internet files on local computer. I just wanted to make it harder...lol. Thanks for your feedback. :)

I know there is really in true theory no way to 100% protect a online photo from being stolen, due to web browsers img src path and temporary internet files on local computer. I just wanted to make it harder...lol. Thanks for your feedback. :)
At the time system does all that is possible within HTML.

Cheers.

Back