• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Admin image auditing

grudas

Chevereto Member
Hi

I'd love to be able to sort images not only by likes/clicks/views on the page but also by traffic/direct hits.

right now I can see that say top image is viewed 10k times but that is on chevereto it self, aka hitting the image page not direct linking to it.

but my traffic for example is 100TB/month and I'd love to find out what images are being linked that receive that much traffic but right now there's no easy/quick way of getting it from cheverto dashboard.

not sure how do-able this is from your pov but I'd love to get an update on this or implementation into the script.

thanks

bandwidth and request count per image, yes.
+1 for bandwidth usage for images.
This should really be done by server side scripting methods. It's going to be a bit inaccurate for it to check bandwidth as it won't be able to get info for directly embeded images on external sites.

Server based tools are going to give you proper numbers.

This should really be done by server side scripting methods. It's going to be a bit inaccurate for it to check bandwidth as it won't be able to get info for directly embeded images on external sites.

Server based tools are going to give you proper numbers.

The only way is by reading server access logs.

This could be added but the problem is that each external storage service has its own API for getting those. While I'm sure that S3, Google Cloud and OpenStack have methods to get this data, FTP/SFTP doesn't have this feature meaning that we need to dig on the remote server access logs (just like in local storage).

That being said, this feature is not that trivial to add so I think that it should be delayed to 4.X series.

While I agree that it is not trivial, it would be great thing to have! sadly things like image upload sites are asking for abuse and my one has been getting a lot of it so I'm trying to track down the images/users/Ip's and understand what is happening :)

right now I use goaccess on my centos box to generate the stats from the access logs but it'd be great to pull that info into the dashboard it self.

Back