• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Add URL upload functionality

twm

Chevereto Member
I noticed chevereto v3.20.12 Removed URL upload functionality
I know this feature may have security risks, but I really need this feature.

Could you add URL upload functionality?
Allow site administrators to enable or disable URL uploads.

Thank you.

It is already requested earlier

It will be added again as soon there is a secure solution developed for it

I noticed chevereto v3.20.12 Removed URL upload functionality
👉 https://chevereto.com/community/threads/chevereto-v3-20-12.13789/#post-69265

At this time I'm driving a workaround in Chevereto-Free 9e22623. If that workaround success this could be re-implemented later next year. Note that this will take months to yield the safe label, don't expect this anytime soon.

I'm confident in that the patch is safe enough, but Chevereto-Free will take that risk. Not the paid edition. Feel free to implement the patch at your own risk.

👉 https://chevereto.com/community/threads/chevereto-v3-20-12.13789/#post-69265

At this time I'm driving a workaround in Chevereto-Free 9e22623. If that workaround success this could be re-implemented later next year. Note that this will take months to yield the safe label, don't expect this anytime soon.

I'm confident in that the patch is safe enough, but Chevereto-Free will take that risk. Not the paid edition. Feel free to implement the patch at your own risk.

Hey, I don't have much knowledge of coding. can you tell me if I need to enable URL upload what I need to do? or wait for the next updates?

can you tell me if I need to enable URL upload what I need to do? or wait for the next updates?
Remote URL upload has been enabled only for admins and it will stay that way, there's still security concerns around it.

It has been enabled only for Chevereto V4 at this time. For V3 it will arrive in the next revision.

To clarify, I forgot to add this one to the past revision. It will be included in v3.20.17

Just wanted to check whether URL upload for all will be enabled in V4 production as that function is really needed. And I believe it will be better if you give options for users to turn off if they don't need it.

Back