• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Add tool for removing content based on IP

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
💡Describe your Feature request

Add a dashboard tool and/or console command for removing content (images, albums, users, likes, etc.) based on IP.

👏Where did you saw this?

A comment in another RFC.

🔥Interest outside our community

I don't care.

This would be so useful. I'm stuck deleting page by page from a certain IP that uploaded over 2M images that are not legal (copyrighted XXX)...

I've setup a macros, but even with that it's only able to delete like 45,000 images/day with it. Gonna take quite a long time.

But I guess this will only apply to v4?

But I guess this will only apply to v4?
Yes, V3 is on lts.

As this is self-hosted, not "hacking" the database directly doesn't make any sense.

To manually implement this is easy as:

SQL:
UPDATE chv_images
SET image_expiration_date_gmt = "0000-00-00 00:00:00"
WHERE image_uploader_ip = "ip here";

Yes, V3 is on lts.

As this is self-hosted, not "hacking" the database directly doesn't make any sense.

To manually implement this is easy as:

SQL:
UPDATE chv_images
SET image_expiration_date_gmt = "0000-00-00 00:00:00"
WHERE image_uploader_ip = "ip here";
I ran the query, all image pages are 404. But I can still direct access the images (yes I've purged the CloudFlare cache, and have tried in 2 browsers in incognito mode.)

But I guess because of the amount of images it will take a bit to delete all of them? Since I can still direct-access one of them, so I'm guessing we can access all of them.

Edit: Yes my cron is working, and I've manually ran it as well just to double check!

The query send these images to he removed by the cron. How long it takes depend on where the are those files hosted, local storage gets removedf faster, external takes longer.

You can edit the Queue class to alter the chunk size.

The query send these images to he removed by the cron. How long it takes depend on where the are those files hosted, local storage gets removedf faster, external takes longer.

You can edit the Queue class to alter the chunk size.
Great. I'll wait for a few hours I guess.

Now, let's say that it doesn't get deleted, do you know a query I can use to print or get all the image names so I can just manually rm -f from my server?

Thanks again

Back