• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Add Re-upload button to appear when image upload fails

lovedigit

👽 Chevereto Freak
This is the feature suggested by one of my user. He is upload big number of images and occasionally some of the images fails to upload due to various hardware or network constraints.

He has suggested that the upload form should offer a "try again" or "upload again" button on the thumbnail when image upload fails. It would be really helpful if someone is uploading a large number of images, and few of them fails due to some reason. That way, he won't have to hunt for the images that failed to upload and choose them one by one to add in the queue again.

Most of the time when the upload fails is because of a critical error that won't go away by just trying it again. It could cause frustration to click and keep clicking "upload".

Most of the time when the upload fails is because of a critical error that won't go away by just trying it again. It could cause frustration to click and keep clicking "upload".

Yes, that is true for a poorly setup environment, which I think can be excluded for retry?. However, in my case (and I am sure it is true for most of the providers who allow 100-200MB file upload on their system) when 5-6 people upload images of large size and resolution at the same time, there is few failures due to processing power constraints.

I have a decent CPU setup, yet it still occurs occasionally. And those who waited through the upload process, followed by processing time, gets taken back when few images in the queue fails to upload and have to start over with them, selecting each of them manually.

If you allow 200 MB then the problem won't get fixed by adding a retry button, you need to set a smaller limit or get a bigger machine.

In my opinion, 200MB is way too much for today standards. You will always have issues with that. The only way to distribute loads like this is by adding new upload servers (which was an idea that I had some years ago) but is complicated to achieve it, I feel that is still too soon to add that thing.

Eventually I want to add our own multiserver system, based on SFTP and fully balanced. The idea is that you setup these directly from your dashboard, you only add the connection details and the system does everything else. To be honest I will love to add this thing asap but I will review if is possible or not after the release of 4.0. There are always other considerstions being the most annoying the limitation that hosting companies will apply on those. Maybe I end up doing an AWS or Google Cloud instance, to be honest I don't know yet.

If you allow 200 MB then the problem won't get fixed by adding a retry button, you need to set a smaller limit or get a bigger machine.

In my opinion, 200MB is way too much for today standards. You will always have issues with that. The only way to distribute loads like this is by adding new upload servers (which was an idea that I had some years ago) but is complicated to achieve it, I feel that is still too soon to add that thing.

Eventually I want to add our own multiserver system, based on SFTP and fully balanced. The idea is that you setup these directly from your dashboard, you only add the connection details and the system does everything else. To be honest I will love to add this thing asap but I will review if is possible or not after the release of 4.0. There are always other considerstions being the most annoying the limitation that hosting companies will apply on those. Maybe I end up doing an AWS or Google Cloud instance, to be honest I don't know yet.

That's much better solution. :)
Although, I have already implemented multi-server setup for load balancing, but it doesn't distribute the upload process across them. So, errors will still occur if large images are uploaded at one node. I have 3 webserver and 1 database server.

Back