• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

add mobiles (smart phones) theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

alnadabi

Chevereto Member
Ref : http://googlemobileads.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-research-global-surge-in-smartphone.html

Hello every one,

As you can see, Mobile Users growing so fast, as the above report, it look that number of mobile users will exceeds 50% of global internet users in the next year.

I think, its the time to have mobile theme for this script to increase its availability , as my current normal internet users decreased about 45%.

see the attached image file from my google analytics report .

request :
add mobile theme (Auto Detect) , So users who access from mobile can see the website in mobile view.

I recommand to have the following lib to do this :
http://code.google.com/p/php-mobile-detect/

Hope this idea can improve the script features.

Regards,
Bader

Attachments

• mobile-users.jpg
    mobile-users.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 18
Ref : http://googlemobileads.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-research-global-surge-in-smartphone.html

Hello every one,

As you can see, Mobile Users growing so fast, as the above report, it look that number of mobile users will exceeds 50% of global internet users in the next year.

I think, its the time to have mobile theme for this script to increase its availability , as my current normal internet users decreased about 45%.

see the attached image file from my google analytics report .

request :
add mobile theme (Auto Detect) , So users who access from mobile can see the website in mobile view.

I recommand to have the following lib to do this :
http://code.google.com/p/php-mobile-detect/

Hope this idea can improve the script features.

Regards,
Bader

Their is simply no point of doing this while chevereto still use a flash uploading method.
Mobile doesn't support flash anymore, except older devices. When chevereto will switch to a pure html/php uploading method, than it will be a good idea, until then, their is not much we can do for mobile, except maybe redirecting them to a custom page that will use the api to upload images (not the best solution, really not)

Their is simply no point of doing this while chevereto still use a flash uploading method.
Mobile doesn't support flash anymore, except older devices. When chevereto will switch to a pure html/php uploading method, than it will be a good idea, until then, their is not much we can do for mobile, except maybe redirecting them to a custom page that will use the api to upload images (not the best solution, really not)

I think its time to make this script more global.... Because soon every one will shift to Smart phones.

unless you want to limit it for certain years :)

Regards,

I think its time to make this script more global.... Because soon every one will shift to Smart phones.

unless you want to limit it for certain years :)

Regards,

If you had read the new features list of 3.0, you would have seen that this feature is already mapped ;)

I won't move to a smart phone. Your statement is invalid. trolol.

Unfortunately for you Pulseeey, the web is shifting to mobile, you can see it from a huge percentage of query made to google, Facebook and others large web companies are from mobile devices.

Mobile compatibility is a must now. So if you don't make the switch as soon as possible you will lose clients, thus loosing revenues.

Anyone, in your mobile devices, uses Facebook in your browser instead of the Facebook mobile app? What about twitter, linkedin, gmail, google maps, youtube... Are you getting it? There is no point in make a mobile version because you can easily make a mobile app or even Windows 8 app. Any mobile website version of this websites is not that cool as the app. Take for instance the google maps mobile version, is a complete rubbish if you compare it with the app.

So, why create a mobile website if you can have an app that can access to your camera, add localization, etc? Browser has limitations and that is the point of using an app. Soon as I create a mobile website you will start to tell me how limited is.

Unfortunately for you Pulseeey, the web is shifting to mobile, you can see it from a huge percentage of query made to google, Facebook and others large web companies are from mobile devices.

Mobile compatibility is a must now. So if you don't make the switch as soon as possible you will lose clients, thus loosing revenues.

Unfortunately for you, him and I were referring to our preferred devices not website versions, maybe you misread? :/

I don't care about revenue or making money anyway, hence why i have no ads on my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back