• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Add commonly used categories to language files

Denpa

Chevereto Member
I think I already seen it suggested somewhere, but decided to do it anyway.

Maybe add some commonly used words for categories(e.g. Animals, Art, Cars, etc.) to the translation site and call gettext function for category display name, so that they're appear localized in categories menu.

I believe many sites that are using just these simple categories will benefit from this localization and these using site-specific ones can then localize theirs too by editing respective language files.

It always bugged me that with everything else translated, categories menu looks weird when selected language is different from the one used in categories names. :(

Last edited:
Translations in 3.X are about user interface not to do localized image hosting websites. I don't think that add additional language features are something really needed at this point.

But categories menu is part of user interface that's why it's strange to see mix of languages there.
For example in screenshot below button "Explore" as well as "All" category localized and all others are not.
788996c00c7b74735d134cb44d7277e6.png

So I was thinking at least categories used in demo should be added to translation and people can later use these categories or modify language files to suit their needs.

But I see where you coming from with not wanting additional language features as it will put additional strain on translators.
So maybe consider it later down the line.
At least if current implementation of categories stays ;)

No, categories are not an element of the user interface like a "delete" button for instance. Since categories can be named as anything then the correct thing to do will do to create on the fly category names according to the language. Is pointless to fill those in the language files.

Oh~ I see.
Showing categories based on language is indeed more elegant solution to this problem.
Didn't even think about it -_-

Back