• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

About the new updater script.

Merenguista

Chevereto Member
Hello @Rodolfo

You said :

The updater script allows you to update your website to the last Chevereto version available directly from your admin dashboard, simple as click in one button and your website gets updated. System works using your license information and it tells you the live status of the update procedure at any time so you know exactly what’s going on.

Update_Screen1.png

The Chevereto updater script needs your manual intervention to proceed with the update so there won’t be any unattended update without your approval. It has been made in this way to avoid losing core changes without notice and since is all new, there should be a period of adaptation before thinking in an auto-pilot automatic upload.

----------------------------------------------

1- That's really an amazing feature functionality and it's very helpful. But there is one probleme. If i have costum images (favicon, watermark, logo, homepage ..etc), the Chevereto updater script will automatically overwrite them ? So i'll lose all my custom images .. That's right ?

2- I don't found the Chevereto updater script bouton on my 3.6.8 admin setting ?!!

Last edited:
The system does the same as you uploading a new release, so it will replace everything that comes by default but it will preserve your changes like website logo or home image.

The things that it will replace will be everything that has been hard modified, like when you change class.image.php or a default theme view.

When customizing you should use theme overrides, route overrides, language overrides, etc. In that way you won't have issues.

The button is only there when an update is needed, if you are using 3.6.8 you won't see the button because it is the last release.

Back