• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• ๐Ÿ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • ๐Ÿ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • ๐Ÿ’ธ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

about korean translation.

zaywalker

Chevereto Member
There are lot's of unusual translation (over 80% I think. just like old machine translated and wrong translation, even english in translated form...) and locked with approval. And looks like abandoned for long time. (at least 3 years I think.) I wonder it's possible to get clean slate or unlock the words in korean translation. I've been running my server with customized ko.po, but missing half of msgid...
I'd like to translate all of them in korean.
Thanks in advance!

Hey @zaywalker thank you for bring this to my attention.

Indeed, there are some bad translations and certainly you can help us in the process. All the handling is done in this system: http://translate.chevereto.com/

Anyone can join and collaborate translating, it is a collaborative effort. If you want to speed things up, you can send me the fixed translation and I can upload the file to update the alleged translation so you don't have to be string by string applying your fixes.

Hope it helps, let me know if I can do anything for you.

Hey @zaywalker thank you for bring this to my attention.

Indeed, there are some bad translations and certainly you can help us in the process. All the handling is done in this system: http://translate.chevereto.com/

Anyone can join and collaborate translating, it is a collaborative effort. If you want to speed things up, you can send me the fixed translation and I can upload the file to update the alleged translation so you don't have to be string by string applying your fixes.

Hope it helps, let me know if I can do anything for you.
Thanks Rodolfo to make the way fix the korean translation.
Currently, I've download en-US.po from translate.chevereto.com and re-translate all of korean translation. It will take some time to do this because I'm doing this to check my actual running website looks natural (Some words are very hard to be figured out where it is in the web page.) . When it's done, I'll send the modified ko.po here.

Thanks again!

Here is korean translation ko.po file. Check the attachment file.
I translate it follow homeassistant translation rules like use mild expression and polite, proper noun like company name use own word.
and technical word from their korean API docs and references.
I've checked with my chevereto web and looks like okay to me.

I found some string needed to be translate. (Some of them are provided with msgid but they don't work.)
What i've found are,

1. image listing viewer keyboard shotcut - Toggle select, Toggle flag, Delete
image.png

2. external storage setting - Bucket
image880d87b34f930e76.png

3. subdomain wildcards info
image218766ded834da1f.png

4. tos and privacy sample page
image81a2259fbf26f08f.png

and it'd be nice to translate "AZ". In korea we use "์ด๋ฆ„์ˆœ"

imagefee7ac82320acbbf.png

Thanks to read! hope to apply to translate.chevereto.com :)

Attachments

• ko.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 2
Thank you, I've updated the strings:

1580483451599.png

I suggest you to create an account at translate.chevereto.com, all the editing you may do in the platform will be added to the build on the next revision.

Regarding the missing translations, stuff like the bucket regions must be keep in English. This is because we keep the name as shown in the docs/panel of these respective services.

The AZ refers to a listing generated in AZ order and to be honest, I don't know how MySQL handle that for Korean (or many other languages) same as it does in English. If you can confirm that is the same thing then I could simply add the "AZ" to the translatable strings.

@Rodolfo Thanks!
I made an account with github account at translate.chevereto.com and I had tried, but lot's of strings were locked by approval. That's why I asked here :)
And what I mean about "bucket" is just bucket. not a regions strings.
Inkedimage880d87b34f930e76_LI.jpg
About AZ, I thought it's alphabetical order and it works with english. In korean alphabet case, it's sorted with image id.
Here is test. I've made some images and named as they are.
If they're sorted as A-B-C-D-E and ๊ฐ€-๋‚˜-๋‹ค-๋ผ-๋งˆ, it's name order. but it's not. Just english alphabetical order and for the other languages, I guess they're sorted with image id's.
About image id is

๊ฐ€:74 (NSt0)
๋‚˜:72 (NgaC)
๋‹ค:76 (NWEb)
๋ผ:75 (NVSY)
๋งˆ:73 (Nv5i)

A:64 (N9tf)
B:66 (NXrW)
C:62 (NfaH)
D:65 (NOwy)
E:63 (Nkya)

1580488322442.png
<chevereto web screen>

1580489292878.png
<windows explorer screen>

Thanks again!

Attachments

• alphabet images.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
My mistake. They are actually sorted as name order. It's working with korean alphabet.
1580490322543.png
The problem was upload process. I set the File naming method in upload setting as Original, but they were changed like $RD8HZZS.
After image detail edit > name with proper name, it works. sorted by name.
So, AZ is alphabetial order and Could be translatable string.
Korean: ์ด๋ฆ„์ˆœ
Japanese: ใ‚ใ„ใ†ใˆใŠ้ † or ๅๅ‰้ †
Chinese: ๆŒ‰ๅ็งฐ

My mistake. They are actually sorted as name order. It's working with korean alphabet.
View attachment 2792
The problem was upload process. I set the File naming method in upload setting as Original, but they were changed like $RD8HZZS.
After image detail edit > name with proper name, it works. sorted by name.
So, AZ is alphabetial order and Could be translatable string.
Korean: ์ด๋ฆ„์ˆœ
Japanese: ใ‚ใ„ใ†ใˆใŠ้ † or ๅๅ‰้ †
Chinese: ๆŒ‰ๅ็งฐ
and,, it means upload naming is not working well with 2byte character like korean, japanese, chinese character.

Back