• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Ability to Update .htaccess and nginx.conf

siddharth

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi All,

I do see that WordPress have an option to update the .htaccess file and nginx.conf file via the admin panel. It comes helpful when someone messed up with their .htaccess or nginx.conf file.

I believe, having such an option in Chevereto will help lots of users who are not much aware of rewrite rules.

I don't like this RFC.

Editing the .htaccess file should be discouraged as it is a basic element for the Apache HTTP web server configuration. In the case of nginx this is even worse, as nginx.conf is not even in the application filesystem.

It is considered an anti-pattern to provide editing for these elements within the very same application. I don't believe that WordPress practices are stuff that should be followed by any serious developer, I won't follow their mistakes.

Back