a mechanism for users to flag offensive content

caiyiliyl

Network license
License owner
Can the chevereto add a mechanism for users to flag offensive content? users mark the offensive content, and the admin can deal with the requests in the dashboard.

SirMoo

Founder license
Beta tester
Can the chevereto add a mechanism for users to flag offensive content? users mark the offensive content, and the admin can deal with the requests in the dashboard.
We've been requesting the ability to approve images before they're public. If this could be incorporated into that as well, that would be wonderful.

bcf admin

We've been requesting the ability to approve images before they're public.
Looked for that request but couldn't find it, any chance of posting a link please so I understand it better

If I reading this right you are proposing that before an uploaded image is displayed it has to be approved by the Admin ?
IMO it would kill the sales of this script or at least limit it to only those who use the script as a gallery, people upload images all the time needing instant links that display there and then not wait until an Admin has approved it.

Sounds reasonable to me but think the option should be there to display it or not, many chevereto sites I have seen have been used for adult content and think those site owners could get a bit fed up if someone out there takes a dislike to the content and flags everything they see.

SirMoo

Founder license
Beta tester
Looked for that request but couldn't find it, any chance of posting a link please so I understand it better

If I reading this right you are proposing that before an uploaded image is displayed it has to be approved by the Admin ?
IMO it would kill the sales of this script or at least limit it to only those who use the script as a gallery, people upload images all the time needing instant links that display there and then not wait until an Admin has approved it..
I can't find the exact one that I liked, but there are a few threads on a moderation queue.

What needs to happen is a multifaceted moderation queue for uploads to specific categories, and option for all images to be approved first, and then a report system. Then allow for those three (or possible other options) to be ticked depending on the level of moderation your site needs. One image site I run on another platform NEEDS to have all images moderated to confirm certain details. We currently use CPG for this... but the platform is old, clunky, and not nearly are pretty as CHV.