• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

A few small questions

Gambalunga

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hello

Basically I want to set up an image hosting service to provide image hosting for an existing forum.

My main requirements are that each user has their own gallery space and can only load images in their own galleries. Is this possible?

I also think that I would like to set it up so that only members can view the galleries. Not just their own but the galleries of other members. At the same time it must be possible that images posted in forums using BBCode are totally visible in that forum. Is this possible?

Is the TMD Hosting free from advertising? I do not want to use any advertising.

Thanks

My main requirements are that each user has their own gallery space and can only load images in their own galleries. Is this possible?

Registered users upload images to their own public stream (no album) or to any album that each user owns. Users can't upload images to other users albums.

I also think that I would like to set it up so that only members can view the galleries. Not just their own but the galleries of other members.

A way to achieve that is by making your website private so only registered members can upload/browse images. By doing that, the system will require an account to use the system.

At the same time it must be possible that images posted in forums using BBCode are totally visible in that forum. Is this possible?

Absolutely, static files (image) are served without touching Chevereto at all so you can embed anywhere.

Is the TMD Hosting free from advertising? I do not want to use any advertising.

Of course, Chevereto and TMDHosting are totally ad-free.

Hope it helps,
Rodolfo.

Thank you Rodolfo

One last question.

If the package with domain name registration is taken I would assume that the domain would be registered in my name. This would mean that in case of need I could transfer the domain and site to another service provider. Not that I would expect to need to do so but in this life one never knows.

Is this the case or is the domain name held by TMD? (This may be a question for TMD)

I don't know that answer. You must ask TMDHosting sales department about that.

Back