• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

A few questions concerning Chevreto

joker

Chevereto Noob
Hi,

I have got a few issues..

1. I read several things about a Multiuploader. Will it be included in the next release? I think it is one of the most awaited features :)
2. What do you think about a progress bar which shows the actuall progress of the uploads?
3. How do I allow more formats than JPG PNG BMP GIF? I think I have to edit some things in the engine.php but there are several lines where the formats occur. So do I have to edit every line where the formats are shown or just one particular? Because I want to allow jpeg, jpg, png, gif, tif, tiff, bmp (and if possible txt, doc, pdf, psd; but therefore I do not need an thumbnail, just that those files are stored...)
4. I uploaded an image for testing issues (dimensions: 88x24 pixels). It was resized also and now the thumbnail is bigger than the original file. Maybe you can build in a limitation?
if picture is above xxx pixels
then dont resize
else if
end
Something like that ;)
5. Another important feature in my opinion is (just like the multiuploader) a .zip support. So if a user uploads a .zip file the file is extracted automatically.

Thanks in advance for answering and keep up your great work! By the way when do you want to release the new version of chevreto? :D

I hope you can tell me solutions for 3 & 4 already at this point of time :)

Greetings
joker :cool:

Hi Joker. I will answer all of your concerns in a very extended way, no mater what almost all of your point have been already made by other users.

1. The multipuloader and all of the acepted suggestions has no estimated release time. This is because i can barely work on Chevereto so almost all the time i am doing something else like work, go to college, etc. Actually i'm quite the unique developer here, so all the things go veeeery slowly.

2. I Think that can be done but my truly concern is how can i get the file size without uploading it and just using common php libraries and functions. I want something like you have in gmail when you upload an attachment. This is because you can post some giant and the script just goes. This issue is like a normal restriction in php, i have no idea if something like google can be made but it concerns a lot more to me that the progress bar.

3. Chevereto is a image hosting script not a one click file hosting script. They are very similar things but not the same. Chevereto will always be images and not general files or even media.

4. Mmmm i have to think about it.

5. Just like in 3, chevereto aims to a Image hosting. Perhaps in some time i release a one click hosting script for general files... but not today or in short time. Very interesting idea btw.... Makes me think a lot :) but it's a litte bit hard because i really don't like a lot the programming, i just love the GUI and the web design. I See the programing just as a small tool and this is bad for me if i want to release something more.... Just look chevereto.

Regards.

Back