• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

3.1 questions

BMWracing

Chevereto Member
Chevereto is getting better by the day! Some questions though for version 3.1:

1) What is the userid for guest? I want to be able to display the guest images, or even better display all images uploaded by any user.. is this possible?

2) The theme has been modified to now say : Upload and share your images. Is it possible to enable drag and drop upload on this specific area? That way I can change the text and make it more user friendly. Now you have to go to the upload button top left corner and the drag and drop feature "enables". Rather have both without clicks.

3) To make sure our websites are found properly in google etc, where can we put keywords? Maybe include this in the dashboard?

4) Where can I change the image size for the logo? I replaced the logo.png but not sure where to look in the theme css to change the size? Since you deliver image upload software.. maybe a good idea to also add a custom logo upload option in the dashboard? Would it make allot easier!

5) The previous 3.01 version had "unlimited" images on the main page (or atleast it loaded them when scrolling down). Can we turn that on again? Makes the page more dynamic.

Chevereto is getting better by the day! Some questions though for version 3.1:

1) What is the userid for guest? I want to be able to display the guest images, or even better display all images uploaded by any user.. is this possible?

2) The theme has been modified to now say : Upload and share your images. Is it possible to enable drag and drop upload on this specific area? That way I can change the text and make it more user friendly. Now you have to go to the upload button top left corner and the drag and drop feature "enables". Rather have both without clicks.

3) To make sure our websites are found properly in google etc, where can we put keywords? Maybe include this in the dashboard?

4) Where can I change the image size for the logo? I replaced the logo.png but not sure where to look in the theme css to change the size?

5) The previous 3.01 version had "unlimited" images on the main page (or atleast it loaded them when scrolling down). Can we turn that on again? Makes the page more dynamic.

Hi Workaholic,

1. Guest doesn't have ID, they don't exist as users so the correct way to find something that doesn't belong to anyone is using "NULL". The query will end in something like ... WHERE user_id IS NULL.
2. Home is a different thing, that is sort of a landing page which triggers the uploader. That area doesn't have drag and drop.
3. In future releases SEO will be improved for better descriptions and keywords.
4. For now just by CSS but I will surely add it as a configurable setting in the dashboard.
5. Homepage is a default landing page which was crafted with two call to actions: 1) Upload, 2) Create an account. If you want to make it more yours feel free to edit the theme file.

Cheers.

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you point me in the right direction on what to change and where for questions 1 and 5?

Version 3.0.1 is being used on one of my sites and just like imgur, people can see what others upload without forcing them to register. From a spam point of view I understand the feature, but I'm sure many users like me would like to have the option to display guest uploads. Also the landing page in 3.01 had the option of showing more images (when scrolling).

Hope you can "revert" or explain how to enable these features again. Thnx

Thnx in advance

On /dashboard/settings you can enable the explore option, which will add a new link (in the top menu) to a explore page that does what you want.
Or you can rename index.php to index.bak.php and explore.php to index.php

I will add the option that when the home user id of the home is not set it will show the very last uploaded images. How about that?

How about a "What to show on home page" option with the following options in a drop down
-latest uploaded images (the explorer);
-the current home page (if this is chosen the field for home user id appears below);
-upload form with custom html/php below (if this is chosen a text area appears for custom html/php);

How about a "What to show on home page" option with the following options in a drop down
-latest uploaded images (the explorer);
-the current home page (if this is chosen the field for home user id appears below);
-upload form with custom html/php below (if this is chosen a text area appears for custom html/php);
Mmmmm....

Back