• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

2M+ Images Cheverto Based Website

Chevereto Newbie

Chevereto Member
Hi there. I’m working on an icon/PNG/vector images website that will include over 2,000,000 images on it. Not sure if there are other websites out there that are hosting these many images on Chevereto but I’d love to get some advise.

Plan is to run it on a dedicated server along with KeyCDN. Since chevereto itself is optimised, will this be an adequate enough solution?

The amount of images is expected to increase at a rate of 10,000 images per day.

Thanks a bunch for any help :)

There are many chevereto based websites that host more than 2M images. Some even has 4-5M+ images.

Key is to spread images over multiple external storage + CDN + and a good frontend server for chevereto if you're expecting it to be busy.
I can assure you that it can handle many more number of images easily, as long as you can fulfill the storage and bandwidth requirements.
You can also load balance your webserver to distribute load.
Chevereto v4 will be even better when it is released. It is optimized for high workload from the ground up.

Thanks for your responses. I have decided to go with Chevereto for my project. However I will be needing some assistance in editing the script and adding a few features. Such as related images under every image, related albums and an option to create many more categories & subcategories. Since I have so much data, the existing categories function of Cheverto does not make it easy for it to be skimmed through. When is the newest version of Cheverto expected to be released?

There are many chevereto based websites that host more than 2M images. Some even has 4-5M+ images.

Key is to spread images over multiple external storage + CDN + and a good frontend server for chevereto if you're expecting it to be busy.
I can assure you that it can handle many more number of images easily, as long as you can fulfill the storage and bandwidth requirements.
You can also load balance your webserver to distribute load.
Chevereto v4 will be even better when it is released. It is optimized for high workload from the ground up.

How do you do this part? "You can also load balance your webserver to distribute load. "

With proxy server as backend, example: nginx
For Database get a server tho, and run there mariadb with tokudb for storage because you will have high loads on the machine cuz of many daily requests in the DB, so go for this:
And optimize Storage servers tho, and after all turn on the CDN..

It depends always on how busy your website is, i mean you can host even 2mil pics on the decent VPS today without laggs, but the story looks different if u have alot of daily requests trough hotlinkings on those 2mil pics, your own community users, sharings on the social media websites (especially gif sharings), + organic traffic trough search engines..

Back