• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

2 Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan

💖 Chevereto Fan
I've got 2 simple suggestions for Chev that'd be quite nice addons.

Now with the 2.1 release we've seen the addition of the new dated folders. And so with that, why not make the admin panel dated? It wouldn't be too hard. Simply have an option at the top right with the option (Sort By: Folders OR All) which it would display every image in its either folder'd form or in it's form that we see now. That would make it much easier to be able to track the images that will be uploaded.

Second would be showing the IP of the uploader. I guess it wouldn't be that hard, simply when an image is uploaded, store their IP in the database and then have a command in the admin panel to get the information from the IP tables and display it. I've found MANY bad images uploaded on one of my sites already, and I want to IP.Block them (and some report to the authorities it's that bad). This is a MUST have, I've seen 2 illegal images and I want to do whatever I can to remove them.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you take this into account.

If you are talking about Child Abuse then make sure you KEEP the images and the Apache logs. The police will need these.

The uploader IP get logged but I haven't found a way of showing it nicely on the File Manager.

Ok thanks Rod, when you do release it please let us know.

And yes Piers, it's a Child related image, but not abuse. It sickens me to even have to view the image in order to delete it.

I believe this is much needed.

xxshabsxx said:

And yes Piers, it's a Child related image, but not abuse. It sickens me to even have to view the image in order to delete it.

Trust me when I say that if you delete it then having an IP is useless. You need to keep it, report it to your local police department and give them the image link, file name and IP address. That way they have the evidence.

Piers said:
xxshabsxx said:

Trust me when I say that if you delete it then having an IP is useless. You need to keep it, report it to your local police department and give them the image link, file name and IP address. That way they have the evidence.

Nah that's what I mean, I didn't know you could find out the IP of an image (still don't).

And after I saw it, my first reaction is get this away ASAP.

Regarding the uploader IP that is filled and the filter by date is around the table, I need to figure out if is really neccesary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back