• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

2 Installs On The Same Domain

anotherp

Chevereto Member
I have 2 installs of Chevereto running.

1 Running at http://www.picgur.org
Another Running at http://www.picgur.org/afterdark

I want to keep the images seperate but I would like users to be able
to use the same Userame/Password on both versions. Is this possible?

At this point I am having an issue where you need to create 2 separate accounts.
However, if you are logged into picgur.org and try to log into picgur.org/afterdark,
it will not log you in until you log out of the other.

Any help will be appreciated.

You can point two websites to the same DB, but the problem is that they are still two different websites. This means that login needs to be hacked to accept two sessions at once. Honestly I think that it is not that easy to achieve what you need.

I am definitely willing to spend some time looking through code.

Are the logins attached to a certain database and/or, is it the same databse that stores the image information?

I am definitely willing to spend some time looking through code.

Are the logins attached to a certain database and/or, is it the same databse that stores the image information?

Login works at session level, which means that in a sub-directory you should be able to read cross session data. I believe that the issue could be when you use social login or the "keep me logged in" functionality because that sets a Cookie and since the path is not the same there could be an issue.

Check this in app/lib/classes/class.login.php:

PHP:
setcookie('KEEP_LOGIN', $cookie, time()+(60*60*24*30), G_ROOT_PATH_RELATIVE);

Since website 1 is "/" and website 2 is "/afterdark" the cookie won't be handled as the same. Try replacing the path with just "/" for the 2nd website.

It should work if the DB is the same and the cookie path is the same.

Back