• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Apparent Hanging on upload (file actually uploaded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovetopsecret

Chevereto Noob
New installation;
- PHP 5.1.6
- GD 2.0.28

When attempting to upload an image, the script has an apparent hang with the green upload button running it's animation.

However, the files are actually uploaded and processed correctly, but the AJAX aspect of the UI is not updating.

http://img.abovetopsecret.com

---

I'm not getting any timeout from the server, so it seems like it might be hanging in JavaScript.

Yes their is support for this product, but please note that the only real support for such product can only be provided by the author of the product, Rodolfo.

Unfortunately, their is nothing I can do except telling you to wait or try to reach Rodolfo using the contact form on the website.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Danny

Well... "tech support" links direct me here.

I suspect there's an issue with mod_rewrite.

We own the server and do not process any .htaccess files in directories, and instead apply mod_rewrite statements to the HTTPD.conf for directories/sites in their virtual server section.

The API also isn't working correctly. A simple direct form results in an "empty source" error.

I was dead thanks for asking.

1. I don't think that mod_rewrite is causing this... Why? because this works: http://img.abovetopsecret.com/tos
2. Local/Remote isn't working. In fact, in remote you can see in the javascript console that the $_POST to upload.php has been made but nothing happens.

Try to enable the debug mode and see what the javascript console shows as the response for upload.php,

I think that maybe the issue is that your are running php 5.1 and in that pretty old release you don't have this function: http://php.net/manual/en/function.json-encode.php However, Chevereto has is own "json_encode" implementation for old PHP 5 releases, but that function has not been tested on all the possible server environments.

To sumarize, run php 5.3

Rodolfo said:
I was dead thanks for asking.
Your site links us here for tech support. This is the type of response you offer someone with a four day old support request on a paid product?

In fact, in remote you can see in the javascript console that the $_POST to upload.php has been made but nothing happens.
upload.php is working, the file is uploaded.

I think that maybe the issue is that your are running php 5.1 and in that pretty old release...
Server Configuration
Server configuration
This are the server requirements that you need to run Chevereto properly:
An Apache HTTP web server
Apache's mod_rewrite enabled

--->PHP 5.0 or higher

file_uploads enabled in php.ini
GD Library 2 or higher
Client URL Library (cURL)
In addition, nothing reported in the test script.

To sumarize, run php 5.3
Not an easy option as the production server is also 5.1.6, with no immediate plans (or need) for an upgrade.

Then I can change the test script to tell that you need PHP 5.3 and just send you to hell... That's what you want?

I want to help you but if you can't even read the causes and fixes for your issue I'm afraid that I can't do nothing, I have told you... The issue is that your PHP version doesn't have native json functions and chevereto has pure PHP functions for it but those functions has not been tested on all the environments, those where tested on just one type of webserver and it works, if you want I can enter on your server, run and test and make a better function for the whole universe of people which also uses your PHP release.

If you want to come here and just bark plain complains I understand, you have paid for this, but you have to realize that is not standard to run a pretty old PHP, and always, all the scripts will ask for later PHP releases, specially the 5.3 release which was a truly major change.

By the way I left a message on the process page which tells that normal support will be back after sep 19, sorry for not send you a e-mail list with it, I usually don't do that and all the users here know that I'm a pretty reasonable man who always helps.

So, What we do? do you want to fix things or what? I can give your money back if you want.

First of all AboveTopSecret,

Everyone should always be using the latest PHP release, mainly for security fix.

Also, you must understand that Chevereto isn't a major company that makes hundreds of thousands dollars per year.

The script is new, it is being upgraded frequently to fix as many bugs as possible, it was developed by a single guy and you come here and start trash talking, dude...

You know, if you are having problems in your life, don't take it up to others.

By the way, we just want to help you... But that is always more easy if you also help us to help you.

Rodolfo said:
Then I can change the test script to tell that you need PHP 5.3 and just send you to hell... That's what you want?
Jeezuz. I was just trying to get support, and pointing out that the server requirements on your site are incompatible with the support advice given here.

Danny.Domb said:
First of all AboveTopSecret,
and you come here and start trash talking, dude...
I'm unclear as to where you, or anyone, thought I was talking trash. I'm merely following the path to tech support, and expressing surprise at a snippy response to a stated problem... a problem that would have been avoided if the information on the site mentioned PHP 5.2.x is required. Instead, it indicates 5.0. I'm sure you can understand the frustration of someone attempting to get something functional, only to discover the requirements were different that initially stated.

Everyone should always be using the latest PHP release, mainly for security fix.
In a perfect world. Yes.

In a high-volume production environment, not always.

Perhaps it's best if I just move on. You can retain what was paid for the script in compensation for the apparent difficulty I caused here.

Good day.

No problem, anyway it would be nice to tune up a little the json functions but is your call. I'm afraid that the only way to make the script work for you is that I actually do some test in your current server, or maybe wait if someone else has a very similar issue.

Sorry for the problems, but that is the only thing that we can do for you. I have offer you all the possible solutions and causes, I have answered all your concerns... If you want to solve this I will be glad to do it, but if you just want to initiate an argue for everything I'm afraid that I will not be able to do that much longer.

I don't like to get the money for nothing, if the script doesnt work I have to fix it, my help will be always on the table... Is your call, you can send me an email with an access to a cloned server with the same config and I will fix it as I always do.

But, is your call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back