• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

You are not authorized to use this website

I think nobody can have DDOS security under their hostings.Usually you must point to Cloudflare or buy some Firewall by side.
wrong, there is hosts that has DDOS protection. 90% of hosts lately have so called hardware DDOS anti protection system. it goes via special router/hardware that server is connected to, so when a huge attack is being launched towards the server it will automaticly filter that attack to dead end ip so normal traffic passes through to server.

wrong, there is hosts that has DDOS protection. 90% of hosts lately have so called hardware DDOS anti protection system. it goes via special router/hardware that server is connected to, so when a huge attack is being launched towards the server it will automaticly filter that attack to dead end ip so normal traffic passes through to server.
Ok.Did i can request more from support example against bad bots? Did with DDOS protection is counted to stop bad bots too,right?

Yes,i am using Cloudflare IP.So that cause the problem,i see.
You can restore original visitor ip by following guide below, I have done it on my server and it works perfect, I use cloudflare free plan also.

Real connecting IP
For setups under any kind of proxy (including CloudFlare) is required that the web server sets the appropriate value for the client connecting IP.

⚠ If this is not configured the software won't be able to detect the users IPs
  • Nginx: ngx_http_realip_module
  • Apache: mod_remoteip

Yes that's what the guide I linked above is for, I have noticed the Apache part is still wrong after all these years,
The Cloudflare guide at step 4 says /etc/apache2/conf-available/remoteip.conf
it shoud be /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/remoteip.conf

Yes that's what the guide I linked above is for, I have noticed the Apache part is still wrong after all these years,
The Cloudflare guide at step 4 says /etc/apache2/conf-available/remoteip.conf
it shoud be /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/remoteip.conf
Henry thanks for this guide.

Can you just tell me from which step i must start to finish this. I am using Centos Apache server.

I use mod_remoteip, first section just under the image, my server is Debian Apache, as you Have CentOS you need to use mod_cloudflare for Red Hat/Fedora, click Apache 2.4 under Webserver Instructions lower down, oh and make a backup before you change anything ;)

I use mod_remoteip, first section just under the image, my server is Debian Apache, as you Have CentOS you need to use mod_cloudflare for Red Hat/Fedora, click Apache 2.4 under Webserver Instructions lower down, oh and make a backup before you change anything ;)
Ok got it. Now just one thing about backup. You mean backup of whole server?

Won't hurt to try, you could even try by adding that line under Dashboard > Settings > External Services > Analytics code, not sure if will work but no harm done if not.

Hello Henry

I still did not change nothing about what we was talking about. Yetserday i have removed my website from Cloudflare but i still see IP address from my hosting under every image which is submitted by user or by me. I am totally confused why system showing me always IP from my hosting for everyone. And i can't ban nobody again,because i will ban myself too and again lose access to website. Whay after remove my site from Cloudflare there is the same IP as before,my hosting IP?

Last edited:
Hello Henry

I still did not change nothing about what we was talking about. Yetserday i have removed my website from Cloudflare but i still see IP address from my hosting under every image which is submitted by user or by me. I am totally confused why system showing me always IP from my hosting for everyone. And i can't ban nobody again,because i will ban myself too and again lose access to website. Whay after remove my site from Cloudflare there is the same IP as before,my hosting IP?
What control panel is your host using?

Since if they got cpanel and NGINX then their NGINX add on is masking visitors ip into server ip.

Due to the add on, they have to go to add on setting and disable the part that hides visitors ip and makes so their ip starts showing.

What control panel is your host using?

Since if they got cpanel and NGINX then their NGINX add on is masking visitors ip into server ip.

Due to the add on, they have to go to add on setting and disable the part that hides visitors ip and makes so their ip starts showing.
I am using Cpanel VPS.

Can you please clarify what i must do? You said to i must talk with my hosting company to they do what?

I am using Cpanel VPS.

Can you please clarify what i must do? You said to i must talk with my hosting company to they do what?
Well it's quite hard to solve this then. Since we don't know what you are using. :/ are you using any nginx addon on your cpanel?

Well it's quite hard to solve this then. Since we don't know what you are using. :/ are you using any nginx addon on your cpanel?
Sorry how to check that? When i put "nginx" in a search field , i can't find nothing

Last edited:
Back