• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Without the OLD DB

thezanny

Chevereto Member
With the help of a great tech support person here, I've re-launched my website. Now, I have about 55000 images, the "images" folder with me. Can I add those images without using my old db? I don't have access to my old host so I'll have to work with the new DB.

I don't want to disappoint my old users by not having the old images. So, now what guys?

I don't quite understand your dilemma, correct me if I'm wrong: You are saying that you have 2 host and that you don't have access to OLD and in this OLD you have images + db and you want to some sort have this images in NEW but make it work with your NEW db is that right?

Well, if you move the images they will keep working for those who use it as embeds or direct url. But I'm afraid that everything else won't work because the ID won't be the same, is impossible that the ID be the same that you have in your old system because if you make a directory iterator with db injection the IDs won't be inserted in the same order that you have in your original hosting, this means that /image/yBe it will be something totally different like for instance /image/n0q

The only thing you will got if you do a file -> db insertion is that the files will be able to manage on the File Manager, but that is really not needed.

I'm no pro mate. but can't I run something like, re-make those links as we did in the Kisa when the db concept was released? That, importing the images replacing and redirecting the images?
And I didn't understand what you mean by
The only thing you will got if you do a file -> db insertion is that the files will be able to manage on the File Manager, but that is really not needed.

Why you want to import the images if that will mean random IDs? They won't be the same as the eyes of your visitors.

Back