• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[WIP] Database Backend & More

MrTrip

Chevereto Noob
For my own needs I am currently creating a database backend for Chevereto. I require the ability to some day host images across multiple servers with a database pointing to the correct image when called.

I will share my work with the rest of you for improvement & modification while I am working on it.

The database structure as it stands will be...

id - imgname (given by Chevereto) - imgext (Image extension) - originalimgname - server (for my multi server purposes later on) - ownerid (for my user system later) - galleryid (for a quick user gallery system)

I will try to write it to be easily added to any Chevereto installation without lots of modifications.

The other modifications I am making is...

imgur like URLs
ex.
http://mychevertosite.com/images/jA8sk.jpg becomes http://mychevertosite.com/jA8sk.jpg
and
http://mychevertosite.com/?v=jA8sk.jpg becomes http://mychevertosite.com/jA8sk

The database will help with the translation of the IDs.

I have also currently modified my view.php to limit the size of images to 500 pixels in width until clicked on for the maximum version. I will share this as soon as it is complete. I have also re-designed the view.php page to include a recently uploaded box (requires database) and a box for advertisements.

The first release will include..

Database
New view page with Recently uploaded & Advertisements box

In planning in development order is the following..

Database
Re-designed view.php
Administrative Page
imgurlike URLs
User System
User Galleries
Multi-Server Uploads

Price? Nothing. I will provide all my code free of charge in an effort to improve an already incredible script.

Updates coming soon.

:| I've already planned doing this, but one thing at a time.

and I don't like coding thing, if they already have been done or going to be done.

However, if it's good - then I hope to build mods off yours depending on your release, unless it gets abandoned.

I've noticed when people say they're going to build something and get comments, they're under pressure and may ultimately never finish it, not saying you don't do this, but some coders do. Whereas for me, I don't tell anyone what I've worked on until I actually release it.

I've planned on a MySQL backend using a mysql class and then from there, I would be able to create mods and alterations, we'll have to wait and see what's in store of your release and hopefully to look forward for an actual release.

Cory said:
:| I've already planned doing this, but one thing at a time.

and I don't like coding thing, if they already have been done or going to be done.

However, if it's good - then I hope to build mods off yours depending on your release, unless it gets abandoned.

I've noticed when people say they're going to build something and get comments, they're under pressure and may ultimately never finish it, not saying you don't do this, but some coders do. Whereas for me, I don't tell anyone what I've worked on until I actually release it.

I've planned on a MySQL backend using a mysql class and then from there, I would be able to create mods and alterations, we'll have to wait and see what's in store of your release and hopefully to look forward for an actual release.

No pressure from the forums here. It is something I need to finish on my end. Ultimately my own needs will come before anybody elses with this. My releasing the code is just a way of saying thank you for the base.

Rodolfo said:
What does it means WIP?

Work in Progress

Just an update, still working on this.

Having to go through and figure out how the current system parses image requests and change them to mysql requests can be a bit challenging at times, but I'm slowly working it out.

I have worked with a friend on a mysql connector class and have implemented it into Chevereto. I'll post again when the first revision is ready to go.

However after digging through this system, I will probably only write it to work with this current version of Chevereto. With lack of plugin support I won't be making it work with future versions, but instead continuing to build on this version. I will provide the entire installation as a package here with instructions on database setup etc.

To honor the license I have purchased, and the license you have all purchased I will not post this version outside of the Chevereto forums. Hopefully this will be okay with the developer.

denully said:
so hows it going :) or did it stop ;)

Actually still going. Have been doing this in my free time after work and such, but have been very busy lately with holidays \ new year \ other family matters.

Have you thought on a way to store the images in directory trees?

Back