• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Will saving all images in one folder cause problems in the long run?

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi,
My configuration is currently set up to save all images in the */images/ folder.
Not by date.

Will this cause any problems in the long run?
I mean, lets just say for instance, over the course of like 12 months, I eventually have 100,000 images saved/hosted (unlikely lol but just for example). All of these images including thumbs, will this cause any sort of strain on the server? or any problems with the naming of files?
Just being cautious :)

I'm running rcupload which has 197939 images uploaded and there are not problems at all so far.

it uses chevereto 2.0.18 tho.

It depends on the allocation table of your system and is a actual limit that should be taking into account if you want to host more than "millions of files". Probably you will run of of HDD space before reaching the max number of files on the allocation table.

Creating sub-folders doesn't solve anything, if you split 50K files on folder A then 50K in folder B for the system that is 100K files on the table so is exactly the same. The benefit on using sub-folders (like date folders) is making your job easy when you want to manage those files using FTP or listing the directory in SSH because you can narrow down the search with a date based criteria.

Hope it solves your question ;)

Back