• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Will modifying the new image storage path involve the URL address of the earliest uploaded image?

Chevereto Member
The version of Chevereto I currently use is 3.13.5.

Just now I changed the external storage FTP path and mapping address from the image before the modification to images. After that, the images uploaded before I checked the image list could not be displayed, and the URL of the image became the newly modified https: // example.com/images/ABC.jpg, when I changed back to the previous path and mapping address / image and https://example.com/image/ it returned to normal.

I remember that the previous 3.13.4 version will not change the URL of the image uploaded before this as the path changes.

GSD-ljsys.jpg

If you use mapping, it will place that string before the location of the file in the alleged storage so it will build the URL to retrieve the image file. That's all what External storage mapping does, and it affects only the image rows matching the target storage ID.

This only affects the URLs printed by Chevereto, any old URL already generated will work (or don't work) long as your external storage server is capable to deliver these requests.

If you use mapping, it will place that string before the location of the file in the alleged storage so it will build the URL to retrieve the image file. That's all what External storage mapping does, and it affects only the image rows matching the target storage ID.

This only affects the URLs printed by Chevereto, any old URL already generated will work (or don't work) long as your external storage server is capable to deliver these requests.
This I understand that once the picture is uploaded to FTP it will perpetimate unless irresistible external factors.

But what I want to know is that the mapping URL has been modified, the URL of the image will follow this modified path change, and the image uploaded before the new mapping URL is modified will not be displayed, which is a headache for me.

For example, External Storage - FTP - Image map to example.com/image/when I uploaded the image at this time, the image URL is example.com/image/ABCd.jpg, this time Chevereto can preview this picture in the system,

After that I changed the image mapping to example.com/images/, when the original uploaded image URL was automatically turned into example.com/images/ABCd.jpg, and Chevereto couldn't preview the image.

Watch out for images and images

Back