• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Do you think it's time for a theme?

• Total voters

CabCon

Chevereto Member
Hello community 👋,
I worked now a few hours with chevereto and I'm quite wondering why there are no Chevereto themes?

It seems the functionality is there but for some reasons I can only find
  • small modifications of the existing (default) theme.
  • people offering coding services.

However I can still find no other theme for the app. ;)

About me
I'm a Webdesigner and I think it's time to create some themes for the app... ;) If you can assist me with issues and problems. Please do that below! I would love to create some amazing themes for this software. :)

Hi @CabCon

why there are no Chevereto themes?
Because to get themes there are some requirements:
  1. The system must support it (it does)
  2. It should be reliable to apply a theme and don't break your website (it fails in this)
  3. Developers in the user base in order to provide third-party themes (very few)
Point 1+2 have been demonstrated in the past where several V2 and V3 themes got abandoned due to breaking changes. The way in which V3 works makes the theme experience very annoying and as the theme code base is so big, is it also a hard and expensive task.

For V4 this changes for good as it aims to be a headless CMS with rendering support. This means that the application is delivered as an API where you can develop on top any client for it (web, mobile, desktop, watch, etc.) and completely customize how the system looks. Of course, there will be a base theme for web which will be focused in the end-user customization.

Chevereto V4 formal development hasn't started yet as I'm still creating the framework which will support it. You can check the repository here: https://github.com/rodolfoberrios/chevere

I hope that V4 suits your future creations.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Hi @CabCon

2. It should be reliable to apply a theme and don't break your website (it fails in this)
  3. Developers in the user base in order to provide third-party themes (very few)
Point 1+2 have been demonstrated in the past where several V2 and V3 themes got abandoned due to breaking changes. The way in which V3 works makes the theme experience very annoying and as the theme code base is so big, is it also a hard and expensive task.

For V4 this changes for good as it aims to be a headless CMS with rendering support. This means that the application is delivered as an API where you can develop on top any client for it (web, mobile, desktop, watch, etc.) and completely customize how the system looks. Of course, there will be a base theme for web which will be focused in the end-user customization.

Chevereto V4 formal development hasn't started yet as I'm still creating the framework which will support it. You can check the repository here: https://github.com/rodolfoberrios/chevere

Cheers,
Rodolfo.
Thanks for your answer. :) I understand your point. However I'll try my luck!

Hi @CabCon

Cheers,
Rodolfo.
i hope we are release soon. tks

I'm going to be honest here, I don't think I would move over to any theme even when one is created. Chevereto is honestly the most lightning fast script I've ever used and I've been in the online webmaster industry since '98. I think if people start to create themes for it (thinking of Wordpress here) it will lose it's "lightning" speed as some people may overload it's beautiful simple pre-built theme. I think I'm always going to stick to the base theme even in V4 lol.

But never say never and we may have some amazing developers who will be sure to maintain Cheveretos most amazing feature in my opinion which is it's speed. Who knows, I might work with some of my developers and come up with a theme or 2.. :p

Would be nice to have some more options as custom colors, custom (google-)fonts and sizes as xenforo delivers it for example (doen't need to be that large-scaled). I guess this would would already meet the expectations and requirements of most of us...

My english is very good I know (sorry for that) but I will try to explain my ideas.

User management: I mean more groups more control over user permissions etc so we can add our own groups own permissions.

Blog: I think every website should have a blog a blog it's important because it help to get more visitors and more activity on your website.

Notification System: We must have a mass email sending system for events etc. So we can notify all users by email it's imortant in a website.

SEO System : By this I mean to have a own system integrated in chevereto for SEO options more options than chevereto has now so we can modify everythink this can be controlled by enable/disable option and if people doesn't want to touch the original seo of chevereto they can disable it and don't use but people who want to change seo of chevereto it will be good to have this system so they doesn't search in the code and waste time.

News system: I know that I told we must have a blog but please don't confuse it blog is not a news system with a category in wp I think we should have a news system separated from the blog so we can use it if the news system is implemented we doesn't need Notification system :)

Contact form : We must have control over the contact form like for adding more reasons when people contact us maybe the email system can be integrated in chevereto and we can create custom templates and sending emails to people instead of writing every message and everytime someone ask you something to write it manually and explain what we have like option in this website and how it's works.

I apologize for the late response. Cheverto theme isn’t easy to control. The css is divided between multiple folders and design elements aren’t always in the theme folders. The css can sometimes be in the app and the libs too.

it takes a lot of tracking down to make your own adjustments. I changed my color scheme and menu a bit in addition to the image viewer page.

Back