• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

WHM/cPanel Hotlink Protection Negated .htaccess & Cron

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MySQL
Database version
Web browser
Firefox

E2756

Chevereto Member
Hi,

WHM/cpanel techs discovered this issue while investigating the reason for the htaccess protection not working on my site.

The .htaccess file in the /images folder is overriding the whm/cpanel .htaccess hotlink protection and allowing images to be hotlinked.

When the images/.htaccess file is removed the whm/cpanel .htaccess hotlink protection works as it should.

As soon the CRON /public_html/cli.php -C cron runs again it re-creates the images/.htaccess file and the images can be hotlinked again.

How can I edit the images/.htaccess file to allow the whm/cpanel protection to work as it should or how do I edit the CRON /public_html/cli.php -C cron from recreating the images/.htaccess file when it runs?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

I think a simpler solution to your issue would be to edit the .htaccess file so hotlink protection works and then remove write access to the file so the cron can't overwrite it again. You should be able to change the chmod permissions through the file manager (you can on direct admin anyway). If you can't you would go into SSH or have your host do it for you.

That could cause the cron to throw errors though, not sure.

I think a simpler solution to your issue would be to edit the .htaccess file so hotlink protection works and then remove write access to the file so the cron can't overwrite it again. You should be able to change the chmod permissions through the file manager (you can on direct admin anyway). If you can't you would go into SSH or have your host do it for you.

That could cause the cron to throw errors though, not sure.
Thank you for the reply.

I do not know what needs to be edited/removed in the images/.htaccess file that is overriding the whm/cpanel hotlink protection. I have the ability to chmod the file permissions. When using a blank images/.htaccess file , the images do not show at all. They only show and are hotlink protected when there is not a images/.htaccess file in the directory.

Back