• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

WebM

Chevereto is about images, not videos. WebM could be added but is something that I still don't see necessary.

Yep i'm also looking at webm hosting. I'll investigate this more this week but if rodolfo gets hold of this it'll obviously be better.
It's a video container but as it can be easily muted with the right html5 tag so that's more like a HD gif (no 256 colors, lightweight, loop, autostart).
From what i see you'd need ffmpeg to create thumbnails but there are plenty of solutions already : https://github.com/PHP-FFMpeg/PHP-FFMpeg

It's a video container but as it can be easily muted with the right html5 tag so that's more like a HD gif (no 256 colors, lightweight, loop, autostart).
Exactly. Formally it's a video container, but there is some crossover in the same way that an animated GIF is an 'image' that acts like a video.

Look at the amount of success gfycat has been having with their conversion service. People want animated GIFs but at a fraction of the bandwidth.

Chevereto is about images, not videos.
gfycat is about images too.

Last edited:
Going to bump this older topic up again. I would be willing to offer $ for customization of this feature (including thumbnails showing, etc).

Thanks.

Going to bump this older topic up again. I would be willing to offer $ for customization of this feature (including thumbnails showing, etc).

Thanks.

I'm sorry but the priorities that I gave to certain features are related to how I feel that such feature will benefit others rather than how many people keep asking and bumping topics.

WebM is not even close to be something that people use in a everyday basis at least by now so I don't give it priority status.

I must not understand the "accepted" flag then on this topic. Can you clarify on how this suggestion was accepted but you will not be implementing this?

Thanks.

I must not understand the "accepted" flag then on this topic. Can you clarify on how this suggestion was accepted but you will not be implementing this?

Thanks.

The "accepted" label doesn't mean instant application. I was referring on how bumping topics and keep asking me about already accepted features don't alter my priorities at all. I have a large roadmap with features that I want to add and I'm always modifying this roadmap taking in consideration the priority of the features and the changes needed.

Again, WebM is not something urgent right now.

+1 for WebM support.

I understand that this is a video format. But its is very useful to convert GIF images to 1/10th original size. I basically run a GIF hosting site and people upload GIF which are gigantic with size from 50MB-100MB. Now I am running out of storage and WebM should be a life saver for me.

+1 for WebM, this format becomes very demanding format and my users asking for WebM support very often

Yep. We need WebM more than all this likes, followers and other useless stuff. This is IMAGE HOSTING script at first, not social network.

Back