• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

.webm support

Ishar

Chevereto Member
Is there any chance to have a .webm support in the future ?

I think it could be great (because .webm > .gif) and not so hard to add. First I mean that chevereto only have to accept this extension as it does for jpg/gif/png... and display on the view page. Most of .webm don't have sound so this feature (display sounds) isn't important now.

What do you think about ?

Chevereto is an image hosting script, not video hosting script. Support for .webm is not in the scope at all.

I know chevereto is an image script but today .webm is going to exceed .gif.

.webm is a video format right but a lot of people use it as gif. I don't want to upload huge .webm, they'll be subject to the same restrictions (5MB max). Only have to accept this extension and display on view page. Except the argument of the video format, does it will be hard to add this ?

Like I said, No.

The fact that something is easy or hard to add doesn't matters. I don't feel right to add a video format that is not yet truly adopted to an image hosting system. I don't like to complicate things and the fact that I could add anything to Chevereto doesn't means that I have to add everything into it.

Hope you can understand it.

Last edited:
I know I check for webm support frequently hoping he changes his mind. Realistically gif is dead. I still use chevereto for my still images, but since everywhere I go has pretty much moved on from gifs and gone to webm I have to see about finding some other solution for that. Would be useful to have one thing that did both, but ya know times are a changing and all that....

Back