• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Vulnerability API.

Amato

Chevereto Member
I noticed that the API is very vulnerable. With it you can create a heavy load on the server and the HDD.
Example:http://www.domain.com/api?&format=txt&upload=http://link.com/xxx.jpg

Thus, you can open a browser, paste this link to go there, and constantly update the page. Do not be a programmer, that would automate this process.

Example: Opera => Open over 100+ tab => Paste link's => Updated page once per second.

Amato said:
Example: Opera => Open over 100+ tab => Paste link's => Updated page once per second.

That is why their is an API Key. You should not let your API be public...

There is any difference in that you flood any other website? Nope.. This is something that PHP can't handle because there is no way of leting PHP doing someone else job. PHP is triggered once the request is accepted by the webserver and is stupid to handle the flood in php because it doesn't have all the machine to do it.

This things (although have been taken into account for 2.1) is mostly a server issue because is the webserver who handles the request and the webserver CAN handle this flooding attempts. For instance, a cheap way to avoid this is use cloudflare and the best that you can do is set a daemon that shutdown every flood attempt.

If you point out this, what is the difference in making flood to this forum? php has to call mysql, mysql server is loaded, bla bla bla. Is a thing that the request handler must avoid, not php

And if you have 10K calls to your api (human calls, not flood attempts) who must satisfy those calls? The server. If your server is cheap yo shouldn't dream about that huge usage... Simple as that.

Will clog your disk quota. Need 24/7 to be in the network, and remove those images.

I can do a php filter but I assure you that is not the definitive solution. A flood prevention will be applied on 2.1

Rodolfo said:
I can do a php filter but I assure you that is not the definitive solution. A flood prevention will be applied on 2.1

Ouch! That API one can be used badly, people can make spam bots like it refreshes the site each 1 sec.. and you'll end up with a milion images lol

Mcmar said:
Rodolfo said:

Ouch! That API one can be used badly, people can make spam bots like it refreshes the site each 1 sec.. and you'll end up with a milion images lol

read my previous response

Back