• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Viewing all images from dashboard takes quite a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not?

I'm hosting 1.8 million images, so the database table for the images is quite big as you can imagine.
The overall server performance is very fast, and works flawlessly.

When I log in as Admin, and go to Dashboard, I click on "Images".

This loads the latest 15 uploaded images (15 is what I have it set to within the settings menu).
When I scroll down, the next 15 images load, and so on.

But everytime it makes the request to load more images, it takes about 16 to 17 seconds for the images to show (in between that time, the animated circle is just spinning).

It also does this when I view a collection of images that have been uploaded by a certain user.
Usually it takes about 6 seconds for the next lot of images to show.
Doesn't matter is that user has 20,000 uploaded images, or just 20 uploaded images. It still takes approx 6 seconds for the next lot of images to load.

Viewing the collection of images uploaded by a certain IP takes no time at all to load. The list of images continuously loads after half a second.

Viewing the collection of images uploaded by a User takes approx. 6/7 seconds.

Why is this? Can this be resolved?

I currently have 3.5.9 installed. 3.5.11 is the latest, but I couldn't see any mention of improvements to this feature in the release notes.

If you would like me to make a video to help you understand what I'm talking about, then I can do so. Just let me know.

The listing could be slow for two reasons: Slow back-end and/or slow front-end.

When I say back-end I refer to all the database queries and PHP handling, that could be slow if the server is getting to much load (too many users) or if is some query causing issues. And for the front-end, the issue is more at client side and it refers when the internet connection is slow or the connection with the server is rubbish (it takes forever to load one picture, etc.). Since 3.5.9 listings are non-blocking, meaning that one single image can take forever and not affect the rest of the listing. If you are experiencing that the thing is waiting for all the images to load then maybe you have a cache issue because that changed long ago.

You mention that in some listings is faster/slower, well... Every listing is different and it has different mysql queries but I haven't notice that difference (is so small). So my guess is that the files are taking long to load and you are not properly running the last javascript.

Try to post your website URL, maybe I can spot something.

Thanks for your comments.
My URL is www.ultraimg.com

Let me know if you would like me to make you an admin so that you can see the loading times of the overall list.

FYI, I have just updated to 3.5.11 :)

Seems to be that the issue is in the back-end. Server is taking almost 10s to render a page. That is not normal.

If you are hosting 1.8M images on the same server it could be an issue how the server resources are being used. Also you have CloudFlare turned on so that could be an issue, try to enable CloudFlare only for static content (.jpg, .png, .gif, .css, .js) or just disable it and see if there is a change.

I tried disabling cloudflare, and clearing my cache.
This didn't do anything though. The loading times are still the same.

I think I'm going to put this down to the sheer size of the database, and it's causing a loading issue.
Do you think it might be worth talking with my host? Is it something to do with the amount of connections or something?

One thing I will point out to you, this might help diagnose the problem.

Lets say I attempt to load the Explore page, and the images are loading... as you know, this takes about 10 - 15 seconds to completed. Lets call this JOB 1.
If I attempt to open another tab, to lets say, view another image, or just go to the homepage (JOB 2). That tab wont load until the original request is fully completed.

JOB 1 - Load Explore page (This takes approx. 10 seconds to complete)
1 second
2 seconds
3 seconds
JOB 2 - Attempt to load another image (waiting)
4 seconds
5 seconds
6 seconds
7 seconds
JOB 2 - (still waiting)
8 seconds
9 seconds
10 seconds
JOB 1 renders completely.
JOB 2 renders completely - immediately after JOB 1 finishes.

It's like I'm only allowed one query at a time. Maybe this is what is causing the problem? Could I configure the server to accept multiple queries from me??

Basically you are describing how your web servers handles several requests at the same time. Server jobs are quite more complex than that but at then end you are right in one thing, doing multiple jobs is showing something to take attention. It could be a limitation per client to avoid over-usage or the machine just queue the jobs to be able to serve everything it can with its resources.

Maybe your website just went bigger and you need an upgrade. You should check the server resources and estimate what could be the issue. Maybe is a limit related with concurrency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back