• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Viewer Links problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudmonkee

Chevereto Member
Hey there,

I've recently update my site to 2.2 and I'm having a problem with the viewer links. It seems they generate but they are one letter long so it causes a bit of a problem with privacy, is there a fix or something I can edit to make it 5/6 letters/numbers long like my direct image links?

sJYh0.png

I have exactly the same problem, my short link are only two letter and if i try to combinate them randomly i can find a lot of images. That's not good. I think it's better like 5 letters/number.

Is normal because is a encoded string. This means that if demo got /u for id 5 you will get /n or any other letter because it works with the crypt salt.

Since you have few images, the system will use a single letter to allocate the id. Once you get more images the system will use more combinations like /uY9 and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back