• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Verified User Role with icon to distinguish standard registered users and loyal users

lovedigit

👽 Chevereto Freak
💡Describe your Feature request

I would like to suggest roles with specific icons to distinguish standard users / loyal users / moderators / and admin. For example, if we will be able to create a role "verified" with icon such as on twitter or Facebook, it will be great. It doesn't necessarily has to have any special feature or access control. It can have same permission as a user, but users in this role will have icon in front of their names. It will be great overall for user management, and to avoid mistakenly deleting content of users who has been there since a long time or are a paying user. Additionally, it will allow users to feel elevated in role who has been with us since the beginning, or has better standing with website owner / or has a verbally communicated agreement to allow uploading certain images which would generally be against TOS. As website grows bigger it is hard to keep track of everyone. We don't always recognize someone with their username, because their actual name or email name where the communication takes place is different.
Besides it will be great addition when in-built comment is introduced in v4 (or 5).

Profile page:

Verified account illustration.png

Image viewer:

verified account image viewer.png

Ideally, it would be great if roles can be customizable by website admin, i.e. admin can create new roles (with same permission as users) and add their own icons to it. However, Just to test this feature at the beginning, we can have it simple. There can be system defined roles with default icons without any customizability. If it works well, rodolfo can determine whether it should be developed further, or this idea should be dropped for v4 or 5 (depending on the route chevereto takes).

There should be at least 1 more role other than user because we want to differentiate normal registered users and more loyal users. Maybe we call it "verified" (but it can be anything else).
So, user / verified / manager / Admin.
  • User (no icon)
  • Verified (same permission as user but with icon)
  • Manager can have their own icon
  • Admin can have their own icon and maybe red text for username. But, I think most admins wants to be anonymous; so, for in initial testing phase it should be left as is. Or, there should be setting to turn it on/off.

👏Where did you see this?

On many forums, websites with multiple public facing roles and various social networking websites.

🔥Interest outside our community

No.

Last edited:
I like this, and honestly, would love to see some sort of roles and in the future role-based permissions (like file size, etc). I've been long hoping for a moderator role that can flag images, but, not access the admin panel. I love being able to verify users, would let me connect my large discord community rather easily to know I have their accounts right when they ask for help

I like this, and honestly, would love to see some sort of roles and in the future role-based permissions (like file size, etc).
Yes, more roles based customizability and granular control over user permissions will be great for managing chevereto.

I've been long hoping for a moderator role that can flag images, but, not access the admin panel.
Current moderator roles cannot flag images? I did not know that.
By flag you mean "flag an NSFW image" or "report image to admin" ?
I love being able to verify users, would let me connect my large discord community rather easily to know I have their accounts right when they ask for help
Exactly. This is my main purpose too. This way I will be able to know verified users are those who I know, are loyal users and has at least joined discord.

I like this idea.
My service is free to valid users but paid for by voluntary donations. I would like to be able to insert an icon for those who have made a donation. I do not have any users who have not confirmed their email addresses so I am not so interested in an icon for valid users.
Perhaps the possibility of adding an additional user status (or more) that can be defined by admin and with an admin defined icon would work for me.

I could then add a status such as "Donor" and apply a :) as an icon against the User name.

Roles are about permissions and grants, verification is an attribute of the user entity which involves a party (you) making sure that the target user is who claims to be. For Chevereto verification will be issued by an admin, meaning that admins should be always verified.

Other attributes (donor, paying, sub, etc.) aren't related to verification and verified users shouldn't get anything extra besides the label denoting that attribute.

User groups could promote certain attributes and permissions (on top of roles) that you may define, but that's another concern not for this RFC.

Other attributes (donor, paying, sub, etc.) aren't related to verification and verified users shouldn't get anything extra besides the label denoting that attribute.

User groups could promote certain attributes and permissions (on top of roles) that you may define, but that's another concern not for this RFC.
Just so that I am clear are you saying that a new RFC should be created for "Other attributes (donor, paying, sub, etc.)"?

Yes. RFC, support, bug tracking, etc. is about one (1) issue per topic.

Divide and conquer.

Back