• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

User permissions

faust

Chevereto Noob
One more question here. Can I set how much a user will be able to upload on his albums? Or I can create user groups, similar to XenForo?

V4 might be able to do that but V3 cannot.

I'm not sure why you would want to either with hard drives / ssd being as cheap as they are. If you intend to implement a paid model you might want to charge by image count instead of storage space usage. It does keep track of image count per user.

V4 might be able to do that but V3 cannot.

I'm not sure why you would want to either with hard drives / ssd being as cheap as they are. If you intend to implement a paid model you might want to charge by image count instead of storage space usage. It does keep track of image count per user.

Nice. So I can set an amount of images a user group can have?

Nice. So I can set an amount of images a user group can have?

It keeps track of images per user and that's all. There is no control element here. If you want to automate this into a billing system you would need to code the WHMCS/Hostbill/Blesta module to query the database and see how many images that user is using.

It keeps track of images per user and that's all. There is no control element here. If you want to automate this into a billing system you would need to code the WHMCS/Hostbill/Blesta module to query the database and see how many images that user is using.

I would like to achieve settings similar to Flickr. So a user can have a limit on how many images he can upload.

I would like to achieve settings similar to Flickr. So a user can have a limit on how many images he can upload.

Create a script and run it on a cron. If a user goes above x images it sets their profile to banned.

I'm not familiar with flickr but that would be the only way to achieve what you want to do unless you want to manually ban them.

The alternative would be to enforce an expiration date on the images.

Create a script and run it on a cron. If a user goes above x images it sets their profile to banned.

I'm not familiar with flickr but that would be the only way to achieve what you want to do unless you want to manually ban them.

The alternative would be to enforce an expiration date on the images.

I don’t have chevereto yet, nor played with it. So I’m not sure how it is. It does look what I wanted, but to set user limits is something which I’m looking for.

I don’t have chevereto yet, nor played with it. So I’m not sure how it is. It does look what I wanted, but to set user limits is something which I’m looking for.

Yeah. Chevereto V3 does not have that functionality. V4 should have it though.

You can add a custom script to do what you want but it's outside the realm of support.

Back