• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Upload Speed

tomsit

Cheese
Community Manager
Ok, so I was hoping someone could help me crack an answer for me.

I'm currently hosting two chevereto sites, at the same hosting provider at the same location with the same management systems (runcloud with identical setup)

Server 1 main: https://photoland.io
Server 2 secondary: https://imagedelivers.com

The difference between them:

Imagedelivers:
CDN: Cloudflare
SSL: Let's encrypt

Photoland:
CDN: KeyCDN
SSL: Custom

Everything else is identical, nginx, php and all other settings.

Now the big question. Why does an 10MB png upload almost instantly to imagedelivers but takes "forever" on photoland?

I've tried with and without external storage, the speed is still the same at photoland

Tried with JPG and it shows the same behavior. I added imagedelivers as an external storage to photoland, still the upload is slow compared to directly from imagedelivers. What is normal here? Is imagedelivers super"unormal"fast or is photoland really slow?

Your server handles that stuff and I don't know why two identical websites are that different. I mean, I can't tell you why that happens without taking a deep look into it.

No worries, I'm doing some diagnostics with Vultr support now. Hopefully they can tell me whats up

Tell them to enable xdebug profiler, maybe you can enable it on your own. That thing will log function calls/time so you will be able to detect the bottleneck right away.

Did anyone else try to upload large files to these two sites? I was wondering about the results, did it upload much faster on imagedelivers or was it the same? I ask because it might just be my location that's the "issue"

The route should be exactly the same for both websites if they are on the same machine in the same datacenter.

They are on different machienes, but in the same dc. Anyway vultr says nothing is wrong, so nothing to do about it either.

At first, you should make sure on how websites work without CDN and without any traffic. Put the websites in maintenance mode, drop any peer and compare once CPU/RAM matches.

If the upload happens at similar times then the problem is just that one website is fulfilling more requests. If the uploads differ, then the problem is the resources being allocated to the "slow" website.

Try with local/URL upload to discard bad network.

I have no idea why Vultr said nothing's wrong. The server OS was just fine, but the resources to that rack or machiene with the VPS was horrible! I moved the main site over to an dedicated server in the US and now it's a roadrunner experience.

They are overselling, that's why. You detected something nasty about the hosting industry.

well I am no expert but I know little bit about hosting companies , as I can see you are using Vultr ,and this type of problem is very common for hosting companies like Vultr , online.net oneprovider ... until both of your site is in same machine dont expect same output ...

and yes Vultr will always tell u everything is right , as @Rodolfo said they wont let u know about nasty things about hosting industries , I really wonder about their hardware , most probably issues are there

OVH is better than them though for any issue I heard they completely move your site to another machine

I havent used keycdn so dont know about them but cloudflare is good for nothing , well we shouldn't except more from a free service

Last edited:
Back