• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upload several images at once...

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

najkiie

The image host is great but you can only upload one image at a time, it would be better to upload several images at once.

I'm using google translate to translate the forum because i can't speak spanish. I hope some of you can speak english ^^

-nike

Hey najkiie,

the Multi-Image Upload has been suggested by many, I believe the developer is taking them under consideration.

Can't wait for this Option either, to change my old Image Upload Script from my current site.

Cheers,
Alex H.

Thanks for your respond :)

Let's hope the developers will work on that for the next version. It would've been great.

If you have a form where you want to allow a user to upload more than one file, you’re stuck with either adding as many file input elements as the number of files you want to upload, or possibly having new ones appear ‘magically’ through Javascript.

I was mulling over some ideas while walking home from work last week, when I came up with what I thought might be a quite cunning (and more atttractive and useable) way to allow a form to use a single file input element — sort of — to upload multiple files. Since you can only store file upload information in a file upload element (<input type=”file”>), you’ll always need to have one element per file to be uploaded. But what occurred to me is that you don’t need to display all those file elements.

Using the DOM, it’s actually a relatively simple matter to conceal a file element once a file has been chosen, and add a new (empty) one in its place. And to keep doing so, as many times as you like. It all happens so quickly, that it appears that there’s only one input element.

To make it even smarter, you can then read the value of each element (ie. the name of the file to be uploaded) and build a list, in whatever format you like, of chosen files. And with a little bit more code you can add the ability selectively to remove files that have been picked.

Maserati parts

sonu panwar said:
If you have a form where you want to allow a user to upload more than one file, you’re stuck with either adding as many file input elements as the number of files you want to upload, or possibly having new ones appear ‘magically’ through Javascript.

I was mulling over some ideas while walking home from work last week, when I came up with what I thought might be a quite cunning (and more atttractive and useable) way to allow a form to use a single file input element — sort of — to upload multiple files. Since you can only store file upload information in a file upload element (<input type=”file”>), you’ll always need to have one element per file to be uploaded. But what occurred to me is that you don’t need to display all those file elements.

Using the DOM, it’s actually a relatively simple matter to conceal a file element once a file has been chosen, and add a new (empty) one in its place. And to keep doing so, as many times as you like. It all happens so quickly, that it appears that there’s only one input element.

To make it even smarter, you can then read the value of each element (ie. the name of the file to be uploaded) and build a list, in whatever format you like, of chosen files. And with a little bit more code you can add the ability selectively to remove files that have been picked.

Maserati parts

That last bit you talked about
http://www.uploadify.com/
I have however never really seen a way to implement it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back