• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upload more that one image errors? (sessions issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nssh2

Chevereto Member
hi , i already buy this great script , but when i want to upload more then image nothing happened, load nothing
my website http://www.up900.com ,please try to upload more one image & see what i talking about , please help me my host company is ipage,com

Hello,

We will try to help you, but just to help us find the problem, could you answer to this question, thank you.

Did you make any modification to the chevereto 2.0 script you are using?

im using Chevereto 2.0.9
my server :
Platform Type:
Debian
MySQL Version:
Perl Version:
PHP Version:

I have recreate your session config from php.ini and it seems that the issue is the session save path, PHP can't write on your current session path.

Changing the session save path using this (PHP):
PHP:
session_save_path(__CHV_ROOT_DIR__);

Causes that the session are correctly created on the root folder of chevereto (not recomended)

You need to fix the session path on your php.ini using this: http://www.php.net/manual/en/session.configuration.php#ini.session.save-path so the session will be saved in a folder that PHP can use (usually /tmp)

Hope it helps.

nssh2 said:
it's work fine now, very thanks sir ..
so sorry for this , multiupload some times work's & other dosnt work ,maybe now dont work ethor ,
can you tell me please where i put this
, i should create php.ini but where i put it , can you fix it please , im beginner in PHP

I let it working, the code was on config.php
I don't know how do you manage your server, but it clearly fails on the session save issue, ask to your system administrator.

Rodolfo said:
I let it working, the code was on config.php
I don't know how do you manage your server, but it clearly fails on the session save issue, ask to your system administrator.
It's my fault ,sir
oops sorry sir , after you fix it , i reupload config.php becouse i chane my website name , idont know the change was in config.php
please can you send me config.php with fix

Add this at the bottom
PHP:

Did you add the code on the bottom of your config file? just before the ?> ??

sir , i have alots of files in root
jFI3A.png

i ask system administrator for session_save_path , and they fix it, in php.ini :

session.save_path = /home/users/web/b506/ipg.up900com/cgi-bin/tmp

and they tell i should remove session_save_path(__CHV_ROOT_DIR__); from config file
but if i remove it multiuplad dosnt work
please help

Tell him that you need that php can actually write and READ on those session files.

Conversation between me and Technical Support :
Nigel Atkinson: Hi. My name is Nigel Atkinson, how are you today?

nshme: Nigel nice to chat with you ,

nshme: i have install script http://chevereto.com/ in my wesite

Nigel Atkinson: What exactly seems to be the issue?

nshme: in config file of script path /include/config i put this code : session_save_path(__CHV_ROOT_DIR__);

nshme: i have alots of files in root see this plz : http://up900.com/images/jFI3A.png

Nigel Atkinson: The session path for the account is /home/users/web/b506/ipg.up900com/cgi-bin/tmp

Nigel Atkinson: The session path that I have provided is the correct one.

nshme: see this link plz : http://chevereto.com/forums/post6081.html#p6081

Nigel Atkinson: But I will not be able to confirm how to enter it in your scripts.

Nigel Atkinson: You need to check this with your scripts provider.

nshme: i need that php can actually write and READ on those session files.

Nigel Atkinson: Yes, if you set above session path then it will work fine.

nshme: how

Nigel Atkinson: The session pat in your php.ini file is already set.

nshme: script provider said to me :Tell him that you need that php can actually write and READ on those session files.

Nigel Atkinson: Yes, the session for your account is set correctly.

Nigel Atkinson: There are no issues with the session save path.

1. There is issues with the session save path. That explains why when you use the public folder PHP can write/read on them.
2. This session_save_path(__CHV_ROOT_DIR__); is just for test pruposes.
3. The session save path on your site wasn't working when I test it. This means that the session files doesn't exists. If you remove the test code and still doesn't work, is 468787% likely that php can't write or read because your server administrator is a moron.

Just copy/paste this text to him:
The issues is that PHP can't read/write the session files. I have changed the session save path using the PHP function session_save_path() on the public html folder and it works. Can you please check the permissions on the session save path of the php.ini config please?

Also consider to get a better hosting with more than stupid people on the support desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back