• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

upload image with originally name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hle

Chevereto Member
Hello,
i would like to know if there is any available in this software to upload multiple images with originally name .

like that

Direct link:

website.com/u/originally name.jpg

thanks

that's the problem, if anyone who play for example San Andreas MultiPlayer and he screnshoot, the screnshoot name is sa-mp-000.png, sa-mp-001.png......

and if secont player his screnshoot upload and have the same name screnshoot, what then?

But my image host is private....

Or can you make like that ?
website.com/xxx/file name.jpg

where is xxx uploadID
uploadID is random ID

gary139139 said:
But my image host is private....

Or can you make like that ?
website.com/xxx/file name.jpg

where is xxx uploadID
uploadID is random ID
i like your idea (website.com/uploadID/filename.format)

Thar would be great!!

It's a pretty good idea, but it will work only for low/normal usage.

Every file-system has limitations regarding how many files it can handle and also how many folders a folder can have, so if each folder is used to store a unique ID... pretty soon the file-system will be collapsed with them, well.. actually not pretty soon in most cases.

The limit depends on the OS, usually is between 20K - 65K sub directories, therefore that is the limit for upload id's in this case.

I have think on a way to store files on a most efficient way, it consists on directory population. The upload dir is separated by categories (like current year, or index number, etc) and then, this folder contains child categories and then the images, each folder populated with the recommended amount of files (1000, 5000, depends on the file-system). This will suit perfect for large storage because we can actually store the files in a not abusive way.

But most than a script for large storage, Chevereto trends to be used in a personal way... Which means low usage, not so neccesary to have this kind of limits in mind, etc. So, a personal mode can have this kind of storage method as an option for those that want to preserve the original file names.

Rodolfo said:
It's a pretty good idea, but it will work only for low/normal usage.

Every file-system has limitations regarding how many files it can handle and also how many folders a folder can have, so if each folder is used to store a unique ID... pretty soon the file-system will be collapsed with them, well.. actually not pretty soon in most cases.

The limit depends on the OS, usually is between 20K - 65K sub directories, therefore that is the limit for upload id's in this case.

I have think on a way to store files on a most efficient way, it consists on directory population. The upload dir is separated by categories (like current year, or index number, etc) and then, this folder contains child categories and then the images, each folder populated with the recommended amount of files (1000, 5000, depends on the file-system). This will suit perfect for large storage because we can actually store the files in a not abusive way.

But most than a script for large storage, Chevereto trends to be used in a personal way... Which means low usage, not so neccesary to have this kind of limits in mind, etc. So, a personal mode can have this kind of storage method as an option for those that want to preserve the original file names.

So, personal mode will create in the future?

Thanks Mate.

Yup, a personal mode have been always in mind.

Actually, the whole filemanager thing and a private mode are just the first steps into this direction.

So, Chevereto 2.0.12 can use the originally name or more convenient method for my private image hosting?

gary139139 said:
So, Chevereto 2.0.12 can use the originally name or more convenient method for my private image hosting?

As I said before, that function will be implemented on 3.0

gary139139 said:
OK, hanks mate.

btw, when will the 3.0 release?

2.1 is under development and it seems that from 2.1 we will jump straight forward to 3.0, but 3.0 develop will take pretty long to start because after 2.1 I will move the whole thing to IPB and I will create a Chevereto fork called Quickty (general file upload).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back