• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

"Upload" From Same Domain

topacc

Chevereto Noob
Hi,

I will require users to click on an image from my domain, example.com, and the image is loaded into the Chevereto system. This means user uploads are not required and perhaps should even be disabled. Can I mod PHP to do this without affecting other functionality?

Pinterest has a feature where you can share boards, is this possible using albums in Chevereto? Specifically, one user can access the other users board/album, without having to use an external sharing process.

Thanks!
Topacc

With reference to my deleted post:

In an effort to provide assistance to your project/product, I tried to report the problem in tech support, but didn't have sufficient posts. I do not see an obvious area to report bugs on the forum. Though happy to see the problem taken care of and that I was able to assist by reporting it.

Okay thanks!

Sorry if my first question is too broad. On reading through the API forum, I think there are some starting points around using files stored on the server (localhost). In my system I will provide the images they will choose to save in albums, and socialize about, there is no need for users to upload them. Surely the upload function can be disabled at HTML level if necessary?

The second question answer is as expected, but not a show-stopper.

You can disable upload for guest or for everybody. Key point here is that Chevereto doesn't work as a "post" system, so to be honest I don't think that you will be able to achieve what you want.

I googled "post system" and searched on forum do not quite understand what you mean by that term. The API uses both POST and GET with limitations.

My understanding is that Chevreto works with manual uploads, and programmatic uploads through API. I don't understand when I provide the API a URL like http://www.mysite.com/imagefolderfiles/imagefile, that it would be any different to a user manually uploading the file from their desktop. There must be something I'm not getting here.

Feel free to point me to appropriate documentation/explanation. The system looks very close to what I need with some customization, i.e. home page and image source.

Sorry if the question is somewhat futile from your perspective as I understand you are very busy.

I was about to mention the API stuff. In theory it should work, but to be honest I still don't understand 100% what you need/want.

"I still don't understand 100% what you need/want"

Yes, that is a problem. And I think in theory my requirement should work too.

Okay, I think I will do some prep stuff here, then go ahead and purchase, and play with the API to see if it gets the result I want.

Thanks!

Back