• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upgrading 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thezanny

Chevereto Member
Hello all, I own the website http://www.imagezon3.com and I wish to update it to the latest 2.1 version.
It's hosted on OVH Hosting.

Since am a Noob in the web related content, I wish to get the support from all the helpers here :)
First of all, I downloaded latest package and I have extracted them files to my HDD.

Now what? Just replace the files and call the upgrade.php like, www.mzon3.com/upgrade.php ?
Should I made mysql db's and stuff too?

Yes, upload all the files except the images folder. Then you need to migrate your old config to the new one, put the mysql details there. Then you need to update the includes/definitions.php file just once for all (you will never need to change it again) and then upload all.

Once you load Chevereto for the first time it will be installed on the dB and then you can run the update script. Just follow the steps.

I did the uploading of files and then changed the Config and added the mysql details.
I then ran the update.php and this error shows up

"There is a problem regarding your config setup. This means that Chevereto won't run because the config is not valid:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Please double-check your settings in the includes/config.php file."

I think I solved it.
What's this You haven't changed the default __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__. Please set this value in includes/definitions.php ???
What's the needed value mate? some keywords so that the images are renamed according to that? Like " image0001" ?

the update is still on and only 64 images processed still. :(
ETA is like 34 hours, made using 3 secods per image :(

Really? 34 hours?

It depends on how many files you got. On the demo it took like 250ms average for each file.

Forgot to mention that you can close the update.php and the files that are already done won't need the update again. In the case that you want to do it later.

I tried, and it started from the beginning :/
importing the all 41034 images from the start :(

If I mistakenly closed the tab, how to resume the processing with the current process? Without starting from the start again ?

Nope.. you don't understand.. If you got 1000K images and close it the process will start all over but not on 1000K, it will start on the images that are still left.

Each image update is individual meaning that the process can be stoped and start again on the images that are still left.

Really? Then it's good. :)
after this processing, the site goes back to normal or some settings are to be done mate? So, I can close my browser and give my router some rest :)

Well, the update script label the maintenance mode on "0" only when there is no more images left. You can try to close the update and manually edit this on the chv_options table and the site will be back online again so you can do the rest of the images other day.

Finally !!! Processed 41000+ images and am online again. :D

I can access the Admin and file manager thanks to version 2.1 :)

But, I get this error, when I upload a new image, the image uploads but then this error appears ;
"flood detected"

Edit: This happens in the Local uploading only. I mean , not the remote uploading. Remote works fine.
Only the PC to site uploads

Hubertus said:
I replace all the files and folders, upload update.php, And I cant login to update.php or admin panel. Im using my password from config file. Even when I put wrong password I see:

100k images waiting for convert.

My problem, install "bcmath" ph module. "yum install php-bcmath" and restart apache

thezanny said:
Finally !!! Processed 41000+ images and am online again. :D

I can access the Admin and file manager thanks to version 2.1 :)

But, I get this error, when I upload a new image, the image uploads but then this error appears ;
"flood detected"

Edit: This happens in the Local uploading only. I mean , not the remote uploading. Remote works fine.
Only the PC to site uploads

You have a wrong session setup in your server.

Hubertus said:
I replace all the files and folders, upload update.php, And I cant login to update.php or admin panel. Im using my password from config file. Even when I put wrong password I see:

100k images waiting for convert.

Start a new topic please.

I have to make test on your server to do that. Send me the details to my email (or use the contact form on the site) and I will review it once I get some spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back