• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upgrade 2.5.9 to 3.2.5 - table chv_settings not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majen

Chevereto Member
I'm trying the upgrade from 2.5.9 to 3.2.5 in a test instance and unfortunately I'm receiving the following error:

Code:
Can't create admin user:
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table '***_db1.chv_settings' doesn't exist

What did I do?
  1. Uploaded all 3.2.5 files except the images folder to the server.
  2. Successfully performed the DB connection info setup step.
  3. Entered the admin credentials and the salt on the "Ready to install" page and clicked on "Install Chevereto".
  4. Got the error message.

The database only contains the chv_images, chv_info, chv_options and chv_storages tables from the 2.5.9 installation, so that the installer obviously cannot find chv_settings.

What is going wrong here?

Does 3.2.5 comes from the direct download or is an updated 3.2.5 from older 3.X?

Must be something odd related to your test server, if the server is online I can test it. If is a local machine I can't know where is the issue.

Ok, I found the issue. The user for the DB was a read/write user without permissions for "create table". The install succeeded with the full fledged DB account.

I would have expected the error message earlier ("cannot create table ***.chv_settings"), but somehow the error only occured when the installer tried to insert data into the table. Maybe something you can change to make the installer more robust ;)

Can I change the app/settings.php back to the read/write user or does the day-to-day operation of Chevereto also require extended DB permissions?

You should grant full permissions. Time to time I add new tables and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back