• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Update to 3.12.6 crashes site

Status
Not open for further replies.

prgary

Chevereto Member
Site was running without any issues on V3.11.1
When doing the automatic installation for the latest update of Chevereto (3.12.6) the site reported this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/frurpics/public_html/app/lib/classes/class.login.php on line 313

Next I downloaded the installer form the Chevereto site, uploaded it and this threw the following error:

Aw, Snap!
Your websever lacks some requirements that must be fixed to install Chevereto.
Please check:
If you already fixed your web server then make sure to restart it to apply changes. If the problem persists contact your server administrator. Check our hosting offer if you don't want to worry about this.
Server Apache

When I check the php info with this: https://www.foryourpics.com/phpinfo.php
It looks like pdo mysql is installed.
I also tried:
Code:
if (!defined('PDO::ATTR_DRIVER_NAME')) {
echo 'PDO unavailable';
}
and the message didn't show, indicating that pdo_mysql is installed and working.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
1. Go to https://foryourpics.com/index.php (the downloaded installation file)

😢Unexpected result

Error message and installation won't proceed.
Site is down - please help!

PDO mysql is a core component in PHP. There's no way that Chevereto worked without it and the update didn't touched that thing at all.

Most likely your server changed and the system is telling you that the PDO isn't there.

This is not an issue related with the software, but your server.

With all respect, this is not helpful at all. My server didn't change, this is a VPS that I control and I didn't change a thing.
The previous version I had installed (almost sure it was 3.11.1) was running fine and next neither the automatic nor the manual update worked, leaving me with a site that's not working.

So I guess I'm on my own here. I'll go ahead and install a separate instance of Chevereto (which I should be allowed with a network license, right?) and see what happens there.
Disappointed... I expected some help.

The check is the same since months ago (being honest, I don't even remember the last time I touched that), you can check it here: /app/lib/integrity-check.php

The system gets the disabled classes and checks if the PDO class is disabled or not. Chevereto doesn't check for a class constant, it uses the standard ini_get cheking.

Run this:
Code:
ini_get('disable_classes')
If PDO is listed there then Chevereto will yield that it can't use PDO.

Problem solved! The installer was right in detecting that something was wrong but the message it sent wasn't right. The problem was the PHP version on my VPS. I was still running 5.5.38.
When I tried a fresh install I got an error that I needed to upgrade to PHP 5.6 or better. So I installed PHP 7.2 and now all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back