• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Update from Chevereto 4 to 4.1 leads to unusable system

Version
Website URL
https://bilderhosting.li/
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
Latest Firefox and Chrome tested

silesien

Chevereto Member
*️⃣ Must open one ticket per issue. If you are experiencing multiple issues don't hesitate to create multiple tickets for each issue.

▶ Reproduction steps
  1. [Update 4.0.12 to 4.1.2
  2. [Some pages still work including dashboard and log in page, most display error messages]
  3. [debugging active, error messages are displayed
😢 Unexpected result

[Only few pages still available]

📃 Error log message

[I am not sure if I can retrieve this on a managed hosting? I have attached a screenshot]

Attachments

• chevereto.jpg
    chevereto.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 9
Before v4.1,2 the one-click upgrade system didn't update the database in systems without passthru enabled.

You need to go to /dashboard and click on "update database" to manually trigger the update. You can also update via CLI: https://v4-docs.chevereto.com/application/reference/cli.html#update

Future updates won't require this database update step as this limitation was addressed in Chevereto v4.1.2.

I fear that does not work - while "Anmerkungen (1)" is displayed to point to a necessary database update, clicking on it does not do anything. I also doubt if I can use the CLI method from a managed hosting.

Opening the website https://bilderhosting.li/ just shows an empty page, if you have been logged in before, it is possible to display the website and enter the dashboard, however, with the attached error messages.

Attachments

• anmker.jpg
    anmker.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 2
  • error.jpg
    error.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 2
Go to /dashboard then /update, that issue was addressed on v4.1.2 but it won't retro-active fix older releases. The problem happened because you upgraded the filesystem but omitted the database update.

If that doesn't work then you should downgrade the system files, login again, and then try the upgrade again but this time make sure to go immediately to /update. This is just once, from 4.1.2 onwards this won't be an issue.

If that's too complicated I can take care of this with the installation service offered at chevereto.com/panel/support

Well, there is one more problem: when I run the update, the PHP version is always reset to the standard setting which is 7.4. So I have to log in at the hoster and set the PHP again to 8.3, I don't know when exactly that happens (maybe during the update), but maybe this also causes a problem.

I have to log in at the hoster and set the PHP again to 8.3, I don't know when exactly that happens (maybe during the update), but maybe this also causes a problem.
That's because you are using a shared server where the default PHP is 7.4 and your system admin controls PHP version by injecting some code into the .htaccess file, which Chevereto overrides with its default on each update (and on cron running when using CHEVERETO_ENABLE_HTACCESS_CHECK).

You need to set the default PHP to 8.X and perhaps that will stop happening.

Back