• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Update Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hectic

Chevereto Member
Hey,

When i go to update the version to 3.7.0 it says its updating then when it is done it says

Already installed
Chevereto is already installed and updated.

However the version is still on the previous one?

I havent updated the previous version, i checked only once you said the update was complete, will send details now.

The problem was that you uploaded the files as root so the updated files didn't have the same owner, meaning that the updated files couldn't be moved from the temp folder to the public folder. I've already fixed it for you and I've added a method to detect owner issues in the future.

You should refer to this topic if you need more information about what was the problem in your server: https://chevereto.com/community/thr...issues-update-images-logo-watermark-etc.4561/

If in the future you re-upload files/folders using the root account, remember to run this from your SSH session:

Code:
sudo chown serverpilot:serverpilot * -R
sudo usermod -a -G serverpilot root

So all the files and folders will we owned by the same user who runs Apache ;)

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back