• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Update Failed Site Crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

I was using Chevereto v3.13.0 but after migrating to different VPS, auto-update was not working, so I made a backup of all files, except all images as they are too in root directory images folders. but after migration, it stopped working and showing function.php was missing. but when i put that from Chevereto v3.13.3 one it shows 500 Error

HTTP ERROR 500

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Update failed and backup got overwritten with new files.
  2. Images are on root images folder
  3. it has more than 1,200,000 images and 85 GB of data on the same folder.
😢Unexpected result

I even can't access Dashboard as well.

Did you carried permissions when you moved the website or you just took the files as is?

When you migrate a system you need to preserve the filesysten permissions, or replicate them in a way that it will work just like in the old system.

Also, share actual system logs (from the error_log file). Http error 500 doesn't mean anything and it doesn't get me anything to work with.

Did you carried permissions when you moved the website or you just took the files as is?

When you migrate a system you need to preserve the filesystem permissions or replicate them in a way that it will work just like in the old system.

Also, share actual system logs (from the error_log file). Http Error 500 doesn't mean anything and it doesn't get me anything to work with.

actually, I did server migration in May 2019 which was version 3.13.0
after date, till morning it was working,
but I had updated files manually and then first it was showing the error of file missing ie. app/lib/function.php when I reupload it from version 3.13.3 then only I am getting this 500 Error.

share actual system logs (from the error_log file). Http error 500 doesn't mean anything and it doesn't get me anything to work with.

I am attaching the PHP LOG.
This happened only after updating today from 3.13.0 to 3.13.3

[04-Aug-2019 23:39:11] WARNING: [pool www] child 554 said into stderr: "PHP message: G\DBException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory in /data/wwwroot/www.domain.com/lib/G/classes/class.db.php:99"
[04-Aug-2019 23:39:11] WARNING: [pool www] child 554 said into stderr: "Stack trace:"
[04-Aug-2019 23:39:11] WARNING: [pool www] child 554 said into stderr: "#0 /data/wwwroot/www.domain.com/lib/G/classes/class.db.php(110): G\DB->__construct()"
[04-Aug-2019 23:39:11] WARNING: [pool www] child 554 said into stderr: "#1 /data/wwwroot/www.domain.com/app/loader.php(65): G\DB::getInstance()"
[04-Aug-2019 23:39:11] WARNING: [pool www] child 554 said into stderr: "#2 /data/wwwroot/www.domain.com/index.php(20): include_once('/data/wwwroot/w...')"
[04-Aug-2019 23:39:11] WARNING: [pool www] child 554 said into stderr: "#3 {main}"

Last edited:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] means connection issues. Your database server is not working properly.

SQL is working fine.
VPS has more than one site, and they are loading well except this.
also, I have checked SQL Info ie. user id & pass and host. its same

I'm just translating what your server is throwing at the logs.

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002]

At least that is what I can tell from the logs, if you have other log entries please show them.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

The whole log is showing this to me in repetition of same info.
I do not know how to fix it as SQL info has been updated too.
And SQL is running fine.
What else i need to share?
It was working fine even after uploaded the v.3.13.3 files, but once i clicked install update all messed up.
I am helpless now as my site is down from 24 hours.

I'm sorry, but as you said in the first post, this happened after you migrated. Is obvious that the migration triggered the issue. You should review the new server and try to configure it close it as the original server. You should also carry permissions and whatnot.

If you want me to check your server that could fall into extended support and I've to charge you extra.

sorry for wasting your time.
finally fixed it on older version of 3.13.0
left DB as same and just copied all files except images from a 2 months old backup.
thanks for suggestion and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back