• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Unlimited Space

stuart

Chevereto Noob
Would you guys be intrested or would you read a guide that explains how to use "XtreemeFS" on linux to allow you to have a directory that can expand as large as required over many servers?

Basically I've been using XtreemeFS for over a year now to host files and it allows you to turn lots of servers into 1 single directory on your main server.

What this means is as soon as your close to running out of space you just got and buy the cheapest server you can get with the most amount of storage and then install XtreemeFS on it and add it to your control panel, The directory "/images" in most cases would then reflect the new space.

This would mean that Chevereto and any other application dosn't need to have built in support for multi-servers and the space is truely unlimited!

Drop me a few replies if your intrested else I won't waste my time typing it up in a guide format :)

Regards
Stuart

I'd like to hear more about this as well please. What would this mean, RAM wise? Would you end up sharing internal RAM as well?

s-f-r-j said:
Wouldn't it be cheaper to get additional HDD, then additional CHEAP server? :rolleyes:
Yes, but in the case of Chevereto... you can't use multi-servers ;).

What I'm trying to say is, if your current server is full.. you can't add another. Whereas this could be (at least a temporary) situation.

Back