• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Unique Watermarks (Each User Has Their Own)

akchev

Chevereto Member
Hi @Rodolfo ,

Can you please implement a feature in 3.7.3 that would allow users to use their own watermark?

It would be nice if the admin has the option to either set a global watermark for all users (which is the current feature) but also an option that would allow each user to use their own.

This feature / update would allow admins (such as myself) who manually-approve their users to have a more unique presence. I would truly appreciate this; especially if implemented in 3.7.3

I have requested several features since 2004 and not a single one has been implemented as of yet although all but one of them were approved. This feature (like all other ones) will drastically broaden the creativity of all Chevereto users whether their creativity has visioned it already by reading this post; or not.

*Trust me, please.

Why would anyone need to or want to do that?

Need or want to trust me OR implement unique watermarks? If your reply was referring to the unique watermark rather than an schmuck of a reply;

Site Logo
*.com/username

^^^
The watermark

That way when they share their images, it lands on their profile. Your traffic will increase 3X guaranteed.

Was it a shmuck reply or lack of creativity and vision?

I believe that custom watermarks could be added later on. First we need usergroups to make that usable somehow.

I have requested several features since 2004 and not a single one has been implemented as of yet although all but one of them were approved.

Features got added based on popularity, general community needs, easiness, etc. Sadly, you have requested stuff that rely in other layers to work properly. For example, how could I add monetize options before social features or before making the website more engaging?

Don't take it personal, I only mind about how useful or must needed is a given feature.

Last edited:
I believe that custom watermarks could be added later on. First we need usergroups to make that usable somehow.

Features got added based on popularity, general community needs, easiness, etc. Sadly, you have requested stuff that rely in other layers to work properly. For example, how could I add monetize options before social features or before making the website more engaging?

Don't take it personal, I only mind about how useful or must needed is a given feature.

I take nothing personal and I admire your work ethic and consistency so please do not take this personal either; but you asked me for example how you could add monetize options before social features or making the site more engaging right? I am going to list (in detail) how you can:

Gender, Age and Country fields during sign-up

These additional fields would take < 1 hour to implement and they do not need any other function as of now other than for our database to know such additional details. That said, please add them immediately. Here's why this is very important...

It would allow your Chevereto clients to build (actual) niche websites and to show advertisements to specific people or ages or groups or ethnicity and/or region. Can anyone argue the power of catering to niches? Not a single person on the internet will argue with that.

Here's the actual build-up of it though:
  1. Allow admin to set min/max age
  2. Allow admin to restrict certain countries OR limit the site to certain country or countries
  3. Make it so the existing ad slots can have rotating ads
  4. Make it so specific ads show to specific ages, genders, regions
The start is the fields; but look where it can take you. You're catering to your clients but also their visitors; right? You have mentioned the features are based on what your clients want but you also have plans for features that will make the website more engaging; right? Here's the ultimate point I think you are missing, Rodolfo...

Each new feature has relied on upcoming updates in order for them to make a difference for our users. Time is money and since such social features and not quite "there yet" shouldn't they be on the bottom of the list? Look; Chevereto does not have a robust API that would allow us to compete with the 10,000+ mobile apps that already have such social features. Did we forget that people use mobile apps these days? Lets be realistic; they are great features but allow me to repeat myself --- time is money.

Originally your script was strictly hosting and it's an incredible script for that. However, with 3.X (2 years ago); you catered to a lot of new backend things that left our users un-engaged for 2 years. The look and feel is POWERFUL and that's great. But how did adding several storage services more engaging for them? How did that allow Chevereto clients (the admins) to move forward with monetization?

Maybe I see things that people don't. That i am not sure of --- but what I am sure of is that 80% of the sites in your "showcase" thread are no longer registered, no longer using Chevereto or parked.

If you prefer to speak with me privately; I'm all for that. I will even invest. To be honest; the delay on such important things have made a lot of your clients seek developers to create something similar with the features you are missing and I have spoken to a lot of them off this community.

No disrespect; it's 100% because I care.

This went totally off topic but anyway...

but you asked me for example how you could add monetize options before social features or making the site more engaging right? I am going to list (in detail) how you can:

I asked you that long before and I have mentioned several times that I won't consider any extra money making feature in Chevereto V3. That's Chevereto V4, a complete version focused only in "money making features" so I'm not considering any of those and my focus is to end V3.X cycle which means improve what we have and add those most wanted and must-have features (like comments).

Gender, Age and Country fields during sign-up
These additional fields would take < 1 hour to implement and they do not need any other function as of now other than for our database to know such additional details. That said, please add them immediately.
Problem is that I don't see a considerable amount of users requesting that. It doesn't matter if the request take me 1 hour, 1 week or 1 month. I do stuff that will benefit more people, not just a bunch or in this case just one person. Also, I don't see any modern service asking you for gender, age and country.

It would allow your Chevereto clients to build (actual) niche websites and to show advertisements to specific people or ages or groups or ethnicity and/or region. Can anyone argue the power of catering to niches? Not a single person on the internet will argue with that.

I believe that niche is made by content and fortunately I'm very close to guys that make a living out of ads and none of them was able to confirm this assumption you just made. Usually the ad network will flag you in a certain niche based in your content and then the ad network display the ads based in other cookies/info that they have about the user. This is how AdSense and just everybody else works. So I don't quite see the argument here.

...and since such social features and not quite "there yet" shouldn't they be on the bottom of the list? Look; Chevereto does not have a robust API that would allow us to compete with the 10,000+ mobile apps that already have such social features. Did we forget that people use mobile apps these days? Lets be realistic; they are great features but allow me to repeat myself --- time is money.

Nope. Because that API you mention needs to hook the methods added by the missing social features you mention and basically, API 2.0 will be the last thing I will do in Chevereto V3.X. Chevereto is responsive, that's enough for now.

Originally your script was strictly hosting and it's an incredible script for that. However, with 3.X (2 years ago); you catered to a lot of new backend things that left our users un-engaged for 2 years.

Chevereto V3.0 was introduced two years ago but that doesn't means that the system hasn't improved. I really suggest you to open this page https://chevereto.com/changelog scroll down, and then scroll up and check everything that has been added to the system.

But how did adding several storage services more engaging for them?
You want a larger website isn't? Then you need the machine and the resources to afford larger wesbites. External storage servers are a must and that's why I added them in V3.5.0 (Oct 2014).

How did that allow Chevereto clients (the admins) to move forward with monetization?
Try to monetize a website that doesn't work 100% all the time. You need those external storage servers, period.

Maybe I see things that people don't. That i am not sure of --- but what I am sure of is that 80% of the sites in your "showcase" thread are no longer registered, no longer using Chevereto or parked.
Showcase is optional, those are not the 100% Chevereto websites out there. Based on V3.X, there are something near 5,000 installs out there and based on 2.X there are like 2,000 websites out there.

Finally, I understand that some features are a must for you, but that doesn't means that exactly what you need is a must for the larger audience of Chevereto users. This is a script developed for several clients/users, try to understand that.

+1
Custom watermark is definitely a good feature. Many image uploaders want to put there marks on images they upload.

However, I had earlier issues with watermark on GIF images. Chevereto breaks GIF animation if we watermarked it. Not sure whether this is resolved.

This is about watermarks, not country age restrictions.

Topic cleaned.

Back