• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Unable to upgrade to V4.0.5 from V3.20.20

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MySQL
Database version
Web browser
Firefox

rsunny2012

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my website from v3.2020 to v4.0.5. I followed the below steps in the upgrade process

Downloaded V4.0.5 package form chevereto panel
copied the zip file to the server ( i have cpanel server)
extracted all the files and overwritten the files
modifed app/env.php file and added database details
changed php version to 8

executed the below database command

app/bin/legacy -C update

I have got the attached log errors when i executed the script and website is showing as maintenance mode.
Presently i have reverted back to V3.

can someone please help me here

Upgrade is very complicated

[image@ns1 public_html]$ app/bin/legacy -C update
Chevere\Throwable\Exceptions\LogicException thrown in /home/image/public_html/ap p/legacy/install/installer.php:1988

# Message
Error executing the Chevereto update query.
>> Version mismatch.
Try running each of the following statements in the database console to find the conflict.
---
UPDATE chv_settings SET setting_value = 1 WHERE setting_name = 'maintenanc e';

Attachments

• DB error.txt
    35.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Stack errors.txt
    865 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:
Same issue as here?
https://chevereto.com/community/threads/upgrade-from-v3-to-v4-is-just-not-working.14866/#post-73936

What happen if you trigger the update on the website via yoursite.tld/update ???
if you see my errors in the 1st post, you see lot of database commands. i am not sure why no one got this error.

i edited the my.cnf file as mentioned below and then did the upgrade

Add the below line on /etc/my.cnf file

[mysqld]
sql_mode = ""

after the upgrade was successful, i have removed the sql_mode lines from my.cnf file

I am trying to upgrade my website from v3.2020 to v4.0.5. I followed the below steps in the upgrade process

Downloaded V4.0.5 package form chevereto panel
copied the zip file to the server ( i have cpanel server)
extracted all the files and overwritten the files
modifed app/env.php file and added database details
changed php version to 8
Looks like you missed one step in the upgrade process:

Remove app/vendor from your Chevereto V3 installation

https://v4-docs.chevereto.com/application/installing/upgrading.html#upgrade-to-v4

i already performed this step ( i might have forgot it to add in my 1st post)

Currently my upgrade went fine after editing the my.cnf file.

I would like to know what other folders/ files should i delete ( 3.2 files) after overwriting them with the new 4.05 files ?
I never touch my my.cnf, my MySQL version is 8.0.22.

Thats a good question, it looks like after the upgrade are many dead folders left. I have the same issue, but its not a problem all works.

After performing all steps upgrading from V3 to V4 was go smooth. But in admin panel i see 0 Images 0 users etc.

So i have in folder app/env.php there is my old database from V3 version,but somehow is not connected to i can see images,users, etc. in admin panel.

Why this appear?

After performing all steps upgrading from V3 to V4 was go smooth. But in admin panel i see 0 Images 0 users etc.

So i have in folder app/env.php there is my old database from V3 version,but somehow is not connected to i can see images,users, etc. in admin panel.

Why this appear?
if you took database backup prior to the upgrade, make sure to re upload the old database(V3) and then do the upgrade again and verify

Why to make backup of database if V3 database is already connected from Mysql in Cpanel to env.php file ?
dint you took backup of your database prior to the upgrade?
as a basic 1st step prior to performing any upgrade, we should take the database and files backup. in case if something goes wrong, we can revert it back to the old version

After adding database creditentials in env.php which is default i got this error(check screenshot)

And i still need a help about this issue,because i try to solve the problem with rsunny and we do not know how to fix that. So,Rodolfo can you help me about this ? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
After adding database creditentials in env.php which is default i got this error(check screenshot)

And i still need a help about this issue,because i try to solve the problem with rsunny and we do not know how to fix that. So,Rodolfo can you help me about this ? Thanks in advance
Do you have shell access?
What web control panel do you use?
Whats in your php / php-fpm error log?

If you want, give me shell access and i will take a look.

Do you have shell access?
What web control panel do you use?
Whats in your php / php-fpm error log?

If you want, give me shell access and i will take a look.
Hi
Thank you for your concerns. I really appreciate that.

I have revert to old V3 version from backup,because i not have nerves anymore and i lose visitors at the site. I always got that "Something went wrong" and i try everything to fix that as Rodolfo has sent me some forum link, but without success.

So, i will try to find anything what you asked me,and will inform you.

Thanks man

Hello to Mr.

rsunny2012

Man i need to say that i really appreciate your help via Skype for 2 hours and upgrading from V3 to V4 have not success. Man you was so interested to help me ,and i not have a words what you done for me. So,after we decide to give up about upgrading to V4 i revert old V3 version again.

Now my question for developer Rodolfo is:

How much will cost upgrade from V3 to V4 by your side?

I see that only way to do this is to i must pay.

Back