• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Unable to login to admin area

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryimg

Chevereto Member
Website URL
<private>

Chevereto version

Description of the issue
Hi. Is there a way I can reset the admin password from backend in database? Something went weird and the file upload size changed and I'm unable to login to the admin section. I tried resetting the password. Its not sending out email. From the MySQL I checked that my username has the correct email address listed. I also checked the user_is_admin and its marked against my username.

No, you can't reset the admin password like that. Best that you can do is to register a new account, set is_admin 1, set status valid and do your editing.

Ok, so strangely my website is not even letting me login or signup. Basically the forms are not working. It just leads back to the signup page. Nothing happens. Shall I reinstall the script? Which files/directories do I need to upload again/overwrite?

Ok, so I tried replacing some files "app", "lib", "sdk" and now I'm getting 500 Internal Server Error. :rolleyes:
I kept the settings.php in the "app".

Ok. I just checked the error logs in my cpanel. The index.php file was set to 666. So it was generating the 500 error.
The website started showing up, but the original issue is still there. I set the debug level to 3.
I created a new account as you suggested, but still I'm not able to login. Even forget your password is not working.
It looks like the forms are not submitted.
Even I'm not able to upload any image. It says Request Denied.

I just mailed you the information. Please check and help. It's been over 3 months, my website is off.

I just mailed you the information. Please check and help. It's been over 3 months, my website is off.
Sad to know about that, but you have to understand that I cannot help you if you don't feed me with all the details, accesses, etc. For example, I asked for server access on Monday and I just got access today. There's a good reason why I always ask for server details upfront since it avoid situations like this.

The problem is your custom PHP configuration:
Code:
post_max_size = 20
That means 20 bytes not 20 MB and the problem is that limits makes that any form submitted containing more than 20 bytes is discarted by the server. To get an idea on how this affects the thing, this is a 20 byte string: 01234567890123456789 and that's all the data that your server can read from POST when you cap that value to 20 bytes.

You can check it accessing to /post.php:
HTML:
<?php var_dump($_POST ?: 'Enter POST data to check:'); ?>
<form method="post">
    <input name="test">
    <button type="submit">Submit</button>
</form>

I've fixed these values for you and everything works fine.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back